• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
This would have been a lot worse with the older station though...

...so there's no real cause and effect here. Rather this is what Metrolinx have decided likely in a bid to save money...so this should really be on them instead, IMO.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, the issues are with the traffic outside of the downtown core, specifically on the Gardiner, not the approach to the bus terminal, so I doubt ramps would have made a difference here.

Last edited:
CIBC Square 2 should fill in the gap in this skyline view nicely!

20220903_121546.jpg

On the side: Since both Pinnacle One and Forma (west side) are slated to be taller than FCP, it would be interesting to see how they change the dynamics in that respective view.

View attachment 425073

What an amazing vantage point to watch CIBC 2 rise.... and to the right of the CN Tower, how about SkyTower rising to less than 30 metres below the CN Tower glass floor (342m), to the right of the tower? Further east so it may appear more like 60 metres below the floor lol.

Hope you have regular access to this view (and perhaps a telephoto lens ;) ).

If I recall correctly, the issues are with the traffic outside of the downtown core, specifically on the Gardiner, not the approach to the bus terminal, so I doubt ramps would have made a difference here.
It is two-fold. The last 500 m on Lake Shore can sometimes take 20 minutes.

The problem is mostly Lake Shore from my understanding.

Earlier in the summer it was due to construction on Lake Shore which was causing massive delays. Anyone know if that's still there? I haven't been in the area in a few months. If the construction is the major issue, it should resolve itself once it wraps up.

Another community update:

Dear Neighbours,

Below is a brief update on the CIBC SQUARE project:

Construction at 141 Bay Street

On the west side of the site, the P3 slab-on-grade has been poured and foundations walls & suspended parking slabs are in progress. The Tower core structure is currently being formed from L3-L4. On the east side of the site, footings are complete and areas of P5 slab-on-grade are ongoing. The erection of the tower crane on the east side of the site is complete.

The drilling of micropiles to reinforce the existing railway viaduct/bridge overtop of Yonge Street is complete. The pouring of a new shear wall encasing these elements is to follow shortly. The removal & abatement of waterproofing materials on top of the viaduct is currently ongoing. Once the latter two activities are complete, structural demolition of the viaduct can commence.

Overbuild Park

The remaining concrete topping work for the Overbuild Park is currently ongoing. As permitted by Metrolinx, this work continues to take place overnight for safety and security, for crews cannot be in the active rail corridor while trains are in operation.

Anticipated Work

Crews expect to start the structural demolition of the viaduct overtop of Yonge Street on the weekend of October 22, 2022. This work will require a full closure of Yonge Street (all northbound and southbound lanes) from Friday at 7:00AM until Sunday at 10:00PM continuing on consecutive weekends through November 26, 2022. Yonge Street will be reopened for traffic during the weekdays. Construction work is expected to occur during these weekends following the below times:

• Fridays: 7:00AM to 11:00PM
  • Saturdays: 9:00AM to 10:00PM
  • Sundays: 9:00AM to 10:00PM

This scope of work will include elevated noise levels throughout the day. Increased dust will be mitigated by completing wire cutting and applying water to tamp down dust whenever possible. This work is required prior to the erection of a new, structural steel pedestrian bridge connecting 141 Bay to 1 Esplanade, which is set to take place in 2023

We thank you in advance for your patience during this phase of construction. For any questions or comments, please email us at
community@CIBCSQUARE.com.

Regarding the community update above and the line that reads “Once the latter two activities are complete, structural demolition of the viaduct can commence.” - are they referencing the area in the red box below? All of that is being taken down?

F2B6F5CA-E627-4A0A-85F7-AA1557FCF8D3.jpeg

Back