4D83B618-9B42-4BAC-9D1B-A3B97902F2C1.jpeg
F23DF119-6BCB-41B0-AF57-773BC38A5AF1.jpeg
24806308-6E09-425D-A939-57EAA024B95E.jpeg
0185AED1-FF7A-4DEA-B018-012FB746A981.jpeg

Do we think they’re going to carry the same material all the way around or will they follow the vision and switch material for the remainder of the exterior?

Do we think they’re going to carry the same material all the way around or will they follow the vision and switch material for the remainder of the exterior?
According to rendering it looks like they will go with white brick for the remaining unfinished portion, and continue with the wood styled for the remaining balconies.

Given the unfinished portion has sat like that for while, I'm hopeful it'll be brick like the rendering.

Each time I walk by I’m a bit more disappointed in this development. The opaque balconies obstruct the glass behind them, making everything look lifeless. Then they added the faux wood panels, which looks cheap like a 1970’s AMC woody wagon. The main metal cladding could have been fine, but with the balconies there’s little harmony of textures. At least the first floor retail is all glass, and will give life to the sidewalk, but it’ll be better to walk there than the other side of the street and have to see the rest of the building. We often wait in line at Made By Marcus ice cream, where it used to be fun to gaze at the structure as it went up, but now it just feels dispiriting. What’s the style called, neo-brutalist?

Each time I walk by I’m a bit more disappointed in this development. The opaque balconies obstruct the glass behind them, making everything look lifeless. Then they added the faux wood panels, which looks cheap like a 1970’s AMC woody wagon. The main metal cladding could have been fine, but with the balconies there’s little harmony of textures. At least the first floor retail is all glass, and will give life to the sidewalk, but it’ll be better to walk there than the other side of the street and have to see the rest of the building. We often wait in line at Made By Marcus ice cream, where it used to be fun to gaze at the structure as it went up, but now it just feels dispiriting. What’s the style called, neo-brutalist?
This is the kind of building that I would think is really cool if surrounded by large & mature street trees, flanked on both sides by buildings of the same scale, with wide sidewalks, patios and bike lanes.

I don't dislike it, I just think it could be helped by the stuff around it.

This is the kind of building that I would think is really cool if surrounded by large & mature street trees, flanked on both sides by buildings of the same scale, with wide sidewalks, patios and bike lanes.

I don't dislike it, I just think it could be helped by the stuff around it.
I agree, it certainly would look better with a some trees around it.

Like a Kelvin Klein suit.

Back