Not too bad of a downgrade at least. I liked the original a lottt, but this one is still solid.

E379A801-EBD6-4B7E-9F59-44186980E17C.jpeg

So this builder is going through a broker to find buyers too. That makes half a dozen or so builders that are going that route.

I don't know. If I am an out-of-town investor how do I make sure my investment is being looked after? I am not in Calgary to manage the rental process of my unit or participate in building board meetings. Who is looking after my investment from a distance? Seems a bit risky to me.

I've missed the updated rendering. If it was originally proposed as it is I'd be fine with it but what VE'd disaster this is... I was excited for this one, someone building something different. Then we get this. Can't say I'll be giving this one much attention going forward.

This project can be yours for the low, low price of only $42 Million ($336,000 per door, which I don't think is that bad, but am not sure):

And some current construction pictures in the listing as well:
View attachment 426643

View attachment 426645
These photos really give a taste of just how big this project actually is relative to the rest of the area. 125 units is a substantial boost in supply for the area overall, but it's even more impactful is it's on the western edge of the mid-density areas of Bankview. Everything to the west and south is the posh, infill areas of lower intensity - there's no larger single building further west of this area in a surprising number of directions for a surprisingly far distance.

I don't believe there's a single building with more units in a broad west-southwest direction from Bow Trail to the Glenmore reservoir:
  • larger than the 10-storey Casel tower (56 units) built in the 2010s on 17 Ave & 24 Street SW
  • larger than the 10-storey Truman 17 West project a bit further west along (~102 units)
  • It's a bit smaller than one of the Encore Tower at Westbrook (smallest at 18 storeys and ~150 units)
  • To the south, there may be a few blocks in Marda Loop, Currie or around MRU that are similar or larger scale, but not many with more units a single project.
  • West of Sarcee Trail there's a few spots of larger towers, such as Truman's West District
The hillside location really goes a long way to minimize the visual impact of the building. I really wish they added a retail unit in here or elsewhere along 26 Avenue as the density continues to build westward. It's a perfect corridor for some local-scaled small shops and cafes if the population keeps growing.

These photos really give a taste of just how big this project actually is relative to the rest of the area. 125 units is a substantial boost in supply for the area overall, but it's even more impactful is it's on the western edge of the mid-density areas of Bankview. Everything to the west and south is the posh, infill areas of lower intensity - there's no larger single building further west of this area in a surprising number of directions for a surprisingly far distance.

I don't believe there's a single building with more units in a broad west-southwest direction from Bow Trail to the Glenmore reservoir:
  • larger than the 10-storey Casel tower (56 units) built in the 2010s on 17 Ave & 24 Street SW
  • larger than the 10-storey Truman 17 West project a bit further west along (~102 units)
  • It's a bit smaller than one of the Encore Tower at Westbrook (smallest at 18 storeys and ~150 units)
  • To the south, there may be a few blocks in Marda Loop, Currie or around MRU that are similar or larger scale, but not many with more units a single project.
  • West of Sarcee Trail there's a few spots of larger towers, such as Truman's West District
The hillside location really goes a long way to minimize the visual impact of the building. I really wish they added a retail unit in here or elsewhere along 26 Avenue as the density continues to build westward. It's a perfect corridor for some local-scaled small shops and cafes if the population keeps growing.
👏BRING! 👏BACK! THE 👏SOUTH! 👏CALGARY! 👏STREET! 👏CAR! 👏LOOP!

Back