News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Kind of in a borderline spot between different areas but I'll just place it here for now.

The "Turco-Persian Rug Co Ltd" property at 452 Richmond Street East between Ontario and Berkeley Street, is being listed for sale. Seems like an inevitable redevelopment site.

Source

View attachment 380534

How am I supposed to comment on these when you're always sneaking them into neighbourhood threads! LOL

Good thing I suspect news when I see an Albert C. post.

So, first, my own version of the aerial pic, based on what I'm seeing above, this appears to encompass 442-464 Richmond Street East.

1645127941342.png

What this site looks like on Streetview:

1645128134520.png

Contract awarded by WT in June:

• Permanent Indigenous Public Art opportunity at the King/Queen Triangle in West Don Lands - IOTA Studios Inc. ($1,000,000)

Materials from the DRP meeting are up:

The renders aren't super detailed at this point, but here they are:

1666968129248.png

The idea will be no-mow native grasses, some additional herbaceous plants, some seating, no light posts, but sculptural elements that will be uplit.

1666968240245.png

1666968276014.png

Reactions: DSC
Does anyone have insight into what's happening at the old Kingsbrae Restaurant on King East near Sumach? It's been shut for about a decade so far as I can remember. Is someone actually resuscitating it as a restaurant, or is this is for a film shoot or condo sales office or something disappointing like that?

kingsbrae-restaurant-king-east.jpg

Does anyone have insight into what's happening at the old Kingsbrae Restaurant on King East near Sumach? It's been shut for about a decade so far as I can remember. Is someone actually resuscitating it as a restaurant, or is this is for a film shoot or condo sales office or something disappointing like that?

View attachment 435824
I was wondering that myself! It would be great to have a new diner in this part of Corktown, especially since losing Morning Glory.

Well, whoever they are, and whatever they're up to, the City just hit them with a stop work order.........LOL

1667158319018.png

Dominion Pub and Kitchen at 500 Queen Street East (@ Sumach St) has closed:

Dominion Pub and Kitchen, located at 500 Queen St. E., was the most recent iteration of the Dominion on Queen, a landmark brewpub that was first established in 1889 at the base of the Dominion Hotel.

View attachment 435824

A sign now says this is becoming the Rosebud Restaurant and Wine Bar.

Back