I thought Long Branch was also entirely reserved? Or maybe enough people cancelled reservations through COVID there are now some non-reserved spaces.. looking at streetview, it looks like there are maybe 20 spaces which are uncontrolled, free parking.

I'm curious to see if Hamilton Centre stays fully reserved with West Harbour opening. Why drive to a station with paid parking and only 4 trains a day if just down the street is a station with all day service and excess amounts of free parking?
There are/were plenty of non-reserved spaces at Long Branch. I park there after work when I need to get downtown.

I don't get some peoples hatred of the idea of driving because transit doesn't work for everyone, so lets ram through parking fees on the weekend despite even the TTC lots being free
Again you're doing this one extreme or the other thing. Reducing reliance on driving doesn't mean hating the idea of driving. Charging for parking doesn't mean that you have to charge for parking all day, every day. These discussions are more fruitful if you see the shades of grey.

Again you're doing this one extreme or the other thing. Reducing reliance on driving doesn't mean hating the idea of driving. Charging for parking doesn't mean that you have to charge for parking all day, every day. These discussions are more fruitful if you see the shades of grey.
A lot of discussion about transit that I see in my own life is more anti car than pro transit. I've also stated I'm pro charging for parking at go!

A lot of discussion about transit that I see in my own life is more anti car than pro transit. I've also stated I'm pro charging for parking at go!
There’s definitely people on this board who are vehemently anti-car and anti-drivers so I sometimes feel personally attacked. But most are more nuanced than that.

It’s more than 20 mins I’m pretty tall and for me it’s a bit over half an hour.
From the Bay east teamway to the corner of the Distillery at Parliament and Mill is 1,700 metres - Google maps says 21 minutes, though I walk slightly faster than Google says.

And that's walking up to Front with the walkway from Bay to Yonge at Esplanade closed for construction, which adds almost 200 metres to the walk! When I used to come and go by bus to the old Union bus platforms, it was only a 15-minute walk from Union to the Distillery! Though I did hail a passing cab once, so I didn't miss my train - shortest ride ever!

I suppose if one walked from the UP platform at Union to Distillery Loop on Cherry it's going to be closer to 30 minutes.

From the Bay east teamway to the corner of the Distillery at Parliament and Mill is 1,700 metres - Google maps says 21 minutes, though I walk slightly faster than Google says.

And that's walking up to Front with the walkway from Bay to Yonge at Esplanade closed for construction, which adds almost 200 metres to the walk! When I used to come and go by bus to the old Union bus platforms, it was only a 15-minute walk from Union to the Distillery! Though I did hail a passing cab once, so I didn't miss my train - shortest ride ever!

I suppose if one walked from the UP platform at Union to Distillery Loop on Cherry it's going to be closer to 30 minutes.
I walked it last week with a friend. It was a bit over half an hour getting off the platform to entrance on the street with a bike lane.

From where to where? It can certainly take a while to get through Union if you try following the signage :)
from where the lakeshore west stops. Though most people walk slow if they're going for fun vs like when I'm heading to work and fastwalking tf as I can.

All GO lines since 2019 have letter wayfinding made, Metrolinx just hasn’t rolled it out yet: View attachment 438426
Metrolinx planning meeting:
“okay, we have lettered all the conventional GO lines. There’s no way we will get away with H for the airport train so I guess it’s P, or U?”

Khaki clad branding guy crashes through wall like the Kool Aid man, screams “YOU PEE! I see what you people are trying to do! Don’t brand my precious like one of your peasant wagons!”

behind him and peering through the wreckage is the finance guy who keeps proposing spinning UPX back out to the private sector: “yeah man, you tell ‘em”

With a lot of the lines likely moving to an interlining system (as is always done with many Lakeshore East and Lakeshore West runs) with RER, I'm curious how the lettering would then work? AG trains for all of Lakeshore?

With a lot of the lines likely moving to an interlining system (as is always done with many Lakeshore East and Lakeshore West runs) with RER, I'm curious how the lettering would then work? AG trains for all of Lakeshore?
They might just merge both into A. The fact they are assigned A and G, and not A and B seems to suggest that to happen eventually.

They might just merge both into A. The fact they are assigned A and G, and not A and B seems to suggest that to happen eventually.
I thought the lines were simply lettered in a geographical clockwise fashion.

Though it would make sense to combine the lettering as service is combined.

I thought the lines were simply lettered in a geographical clockwise fashion.

Though it would make sense to combine the lettering as service is combined.
However, it may require relettering a line in a hypothetical world where new lines are added.

I know, it was a funny joke.

However, it may require relettering a line in a hypothetical world where new lines are added.

I know, it was a funny joke.
Maybe this is why they've been stalling on implementation? Along with through-running complicating things

Anyway I vote we make the Bolton Line the Δ Delta line, to reduce confusion 😃

Back