051CB164-5AE9-4329-BC86-1B00111301F3.jpeg
9D85FF83-8038-4C85-BAE8-0C6A137755F1.jpeg

Superb glass (as promised). The sections with the angled hanger cladding (like this one)... should be stunning.

And a shout-out + thanks to all those future residents who purchased units with a huge angled obstruction across their windows... those of us who will stare lovingly at the exterior of the tower appreciate your sacrifice.

Or a good architect took the surrounding area into account when designing 1BE? I'd be lying if I hadn't thought at least once that there is some brutalist influence in its design, which highly reflects the stretch of Bloor from Sherbourne to Huron..
Fair point!

Just to reiterate, *Norman* has nothing to do with this. The Partner in Charge (PiC) here is Giles Robinson.
Correction noted in my original post. And thanks!

I wonder why they only insulated the lower portion of the super columns. Will it be different cladding used?

I wonder why they only insulated the lower portion of the super columns. Will it be different cladding used?

I was wondering the same. In the renders, it looks like the cladding is the same and continuous all the way up the columns. However the placement of the glass is different on the ground floor (more of the column is exposed) so perhaps that is why they will use a different method to attach the cladding there.

99CFE22E-8836-4979-86AF-F216C46A6276.jpeg

I'm not sure the reasoning behind that...as the above portions of the columns may not be as critical with the elements as the parts below. One could look at it then as putting on a pair of warm socks before they pull over the trousers...

Back