The old Shuter Wing (which is, in fact, three buildings built at separate times) are prepped for external demolition. Going to be a slow and deliberate process given the active hospital uses on both sides.

The Art Deco 30 Bond Street entrance is a heritage structure and is not included. However, plywood was put up on some of its windows to protect the active building there.

F7B43A6C-DF47-4049-B358-2A54F5DC7B7B.jpeg
8FC29721-B1C3-44F6-88F1-047602EEB825.jpeg

I was working in the area last week and was disgusted to see a full blown demolition of all the historic facades. This is barbaric!

There are barely any prewar buildings over 6 floors in the city.

Meanwhile council votes to preserve a bunch of ramshackle 2 story saloons on the Danforth.

Heritage preservation as it exists right now is a demonstration of who has power and who doesn't have it.

AoD

Sorry. I’m confused. Is the Edwardian building to the immediate south of the corner building being saved?

Sorry. I’m confused. Is the Edwardian building to the immediate south of the corner building being saved?

That part? No. I thought you were referring to the part to the south of the construction site, which is partially boarded up to protect it from debris. That art deco bit is staying.

My senses always start tingling when I'm in the immediate area because I was born there!

Reactions: PL1

Back