160 Front.jpg

In this shot by @Red Mars it appears that PCL Construction is employing 2nd graders to build this thing!

8a4be7f4-a874-4a0a-b637-ebd8c90e6409_1_201_a-jpeg.440754

This would represent a major increase over what they'd get for their weekly allowance, so, well, good for them...

...or, and hear me out, this building and everything associated with it is really, really, reeeeeeally big. Like knockout big.

Crazy.

In this shot by @Red Mars it appears that PCL Construction is employing 2nd graders to build this thing!

This would represent a major increase over what they'd get for their weekly allowance, so, well, good for them...

...or, and hear me out, this building and everything associated with it is really, really, reeeeeeally big. Like knockout big.

Crazy.

Second graders are now much bigger than they used to be..........what are they feeding them?

1669323017647.png

Above is @Red Mars photo zoomed in to the max for my software.

Strange how the steel nolonger has a rusty appearance. Different alloy or was it just not laying around outside for as long? 😅

Would appreciate any experts chiming in.
Steel usually gets sprayed with a cementitious material for fireproofing. But this stuff looks awful, so wherever members are to be architecturally exposed they will often opt for an intumescent paint/coating instead to fireproof the members. I'm guessing that's the difference you're seeing here. The "rusty" looking members will eventually be fireproofed with a cementitious spray.

Crazy.

So that’s why PCL didn’t want anyone taking photos of their logo! Interesting… :)

Back