I think the city’s taking it’s time because perhaps they know that structurally it doesn’t matter whether the addition is approved now or right before the building tops out. They may have also pushed it off for later, until any doubt about financing etc (not opening this discussion, btw) is out of the way- might as well take their time if they can, even if it’s a low chance of it not panning out.

Edit: wording to better reflect nature of the scenario

Meanwhile, Pinnacle’s request at One Yonge is probably going to incite the discussion for this site a little more- there’s no doubt they’ll follow through on going taller, so I can foresee a simultaneous decision. Either both go taller, or both don’t. Otherwise would probably look like favouritism, even under some pretense of other considerations like shadowing for one site or the other.

I think the city’s taking it’s time because perhaps they know that structurally it doesn’t matter whether the addition is approved now or right before the building tops out. They may have also pushed it off for later, until any doubt about financing etc (not opening this discussion, btw) is out of the way- might as well take their time if they can, even if it’s a low chance of it not panning out.

Edit: wording to better reflect nature of the scenario

Meanwhile, Pinnacle’s request at One Yonge is probably going to incite the discussion for this site a little more- there’s no doubt they’ll follow through on going taller, so I can foresee a simultaneous decision. Either both go taller, or both don’t. Otherwise would probably look like favouritism, even under some pretense of other considerations like shadowing for one site or the other.
The City will not care whatsoever about the height race between these two, and won't schedule anything simultaneously to promote or decide the race one way or the other. Each application will be treated in the same, methodically, painfully slow manner as every other application.

We haven't heard anything about this one for a while because the review was not finished in time for the last Community Council or City Council meetings before the end of the last Council term. If they have since finished the review, or finish it soon, then the earliest it could be seen would be January's Community Council meeting (next week's CC mtgs are just for attending to administrative matters for the new term), and then passed forward to February's City Council meeting.

Mr. 42's pin meets the commentary balloon of speculation. And ouch! >.<

Some photos from today, including the weekly update to the "time lapse" album on Flickr.

UTIMG_5223.jpg

UTIMG_5089.jpg

UTIMG_5097.jpg

UTIMG_5160.jpg
UTIMG_5190.jpg
UTIMG_5262.jpg

I've noticed that the cladding for the beams etc. Are like a beige champagne etc look not white. Just by looking at the man's white shirt underneath the dark blue sweater standing in front of the prototypes curtain wall. In the photos from the previous page which is great in my opinion lol!

I guess that's the first mechanical floor they're working on in the photos up above! Completing the first section of this tower. Four more to go wow lol!

Back