I don't want to sidetrack this thread much longer… but If people are interested in tracking their movie watching, I suggest Letterboxd… where Chain Reaction, that I've never heard of, enjoys a middling rating of 2.5 out of 5. Myself, just got back from Dune Part One, which enjoys a 4.1 on Letterboxd. I'll likely be rating it .4 higher than that.

I don't want to sidetrack this thread much longer… but If people are interested in tracking their movie watching, I suggest Letterboxd… where Chain Reaction, that I've never heard of, enjoys a middling rating of 2.5 out of 5. Myself, just got back from Dune Part One, which enjoys a 4.1 on Letterboxd. I'll likely be rating it .4 higher than that.

...so it got your spices flowing?

I don't want to side track either, but I want to say that after Parasite won the Golden Globe award, it wasn't at the bougie SilverCity up the street and one of the few places you would see it in theatres was at the Canada Square and that was probably the last film I saw there :-(

...so it got your spices flowing?

Hush, unless you want to meet the Bene Gesse...UT Gom Jabbar. On another note, Dune Part II got the go-ahead.

@interchange42

How's the "gore" level for Dune? I am not particularly keen on that, and trailers and whatnot hasn't been too encouraging on that front.

AoD

Hush, unless you want to meet the Bene Gesse...UT Gom Jabbar. On another note, Dune Part II got the go-ahead.

@interchange42

How's the "gore" level for Dune? I am not particularly keen on that, and trailers and whatnot hasn't been too encouraging on that front.

AoD
Certainly the threat or carrying out of violence looms large, but the gore level is low, some blood occasionally while most brutality takes place off-screen or at a distance. What looms larger in one's visual cortex most of the time are the landscapes, built environment, and technology. Like those 'thopters — wow.

Event Information: Canada Square Community Consultation - Presentation and Information Meeting

Date and time:Thursday, November 25, 2021 7:00 pm
Eastern Standard Time (Toronto, GMT-05:00)
Change time zone
Duration:2 hours
Description:
Join us at this Virtual Community Consultation Meeting to learn more about the development proposal for the Canada Square site. The meeting will include presentations and a question and answer portion where local residents and stakeholders can ask questions and provide feedback.

The City has received an application by Oxford Properties Group and CT REIT to amend the Zoning By-law to permit a 5-tower mixed use development including new TTC infrastructure, a new public road, public park, multiple Privately Owned Publicly-Accessible Open Spaces (POPS), and community space at the Canada Square site located at the southwest corner of Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue West.

Thursday, November 25, 2021 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Presentation & Information Meeting: The meeting will include presentations from City staff and the applicant and a question and answer period as time permits.

For further information on this application, please refer to the contact information below or view the submission materials on the Application Information Centre at: www.toronto.ca/2180YongeSt

Final Report on this one is deferred by mutual agreement of the the proponent, Oxford and the City, to Q1 2023.

This, from an update to next week's Planning and Housing Ctte: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2022/ph/bgrd/backgroundfile-227707.pdf

From said update:

1656337927184.png

A note here about 'churn' in Toronto's Planning Dept.

This very important project on a very major corner..........is now on its 3rd planner in the last 18 months.

The first switched units within Planning, the second is leaving/has left Planning and now a third has taken over.

Each person quite competent, but very hard to maintain continuity and expertise on a file this way.

Hence my recent note about the unusual move of the City unilaterally increasing wages in Planning, mid-term of an agreement.

A note here about 'churn' in Toronto's Planning Dept.

This very important project on a very major corner..........is now on its 3rd planner in the last 18 months.

The first switched units within Planning, the second is leaving/has left Planning and now a third has taken over.

Each person quite competent, but very hard to maintain continuity and expertise on a file this way.

Hence my recent note about the unusual move of the City unilaterally increasing wages in Planning, mid-term of an agreement.

The site is at the corner of Councillors Colle, Matlow & Robinson... you would have to give smart / competent Planners "danger pay" for dealing with those specific political masters...

You have to expect 'churn' when staff are being asked to keep impossible people 'happy'.

Canadian Tire is getting out of some leases.

2180 floors 6 to 9 and I believe all occupied space in 2190.

More hoteling floors are opening up at Y-E Centre where I think the leases are longer term.

Canadian Tire is getting out of some leases.

2180 floors 6 to 9 and I believe all occupied space in 2190.

More hoteling floors are opening up at Y-E Centre where I think the leases are longer term.
Likely because they are staying hybrid forever, with no set number of days in the office. They’ve also opened satellite offices in the GTA so people don’t have to commute as far on days when they need to go in.

Expecting the images + info from tonight's meeting will make it onto here shortly. I was only able to tune in to the first 30 mins... From what I recall:

- Complete rework of the site plan
- 2200 Yonge is being retained (existing office on the north-east portion of the site)
- Increased parkland dedication
- 5 new towers, up to 65s

Back