I have a vague memory of David Pontarini specifically citing Victoria Square as a precedent, and that they toured it way back in the visioning phase.

Back on Page 4

Back on Page 4

Oh, you are good! Combined with reading a number of posts back and a few more forward, yes @400WellingtonGuy spells it out!

From Nov 21. Bit late.
1670437531657.png

What will the rain effect be like within the areas mostly covered by the glass canopy? I can see quite a sizeable gap between the towers and the canopy. At one junction it even looks as if those walking along the covered portion are likely to get soaked from splashing water in a serious rainfall, unless there is a trough system that isnt very visible? In other parts it seems it might just run down the walls nicely without really interfering in the covered portions.

What will the rain effect be like within the areas mostly covered by the glass canopy? I can see quite a sizeable gap between the towers and the canopy. At one junction it even looks as if those walking along the covered portion are likely to get soaked from splashing water in a serious rainfall, unless there is a trough system that isnt very visible? In other parts it seems it might just run down the walls nicely without really interfering in the covered portions.
Yes, these semi-covered areas are always a problem; not good enough cover for no umbrella but too much to bother to put one up!

There’s proper drainage. You can see all the RWL’s tucked behind each mount.
27CF40D8-F3D6-4759-8F79-ACA06E908C45.jpeg

That black back-painted spandrel on the western-most northern buildings blends in better than the grey on the two east side northern buildings. I still really dislike how some of the window wall, on the north side, cheapens some of this otherwise ambitious project, but at least they made it less painful to look at on the west side.

Back