Looking good

20231228_132011_HDR.jpg
20231228_132041_HDR.jpg

Gorgeous restoration!! I wish we could get a little Simons here.
It would be nice to see them redo just those cheap looking facades budding next this building to the north of Yonge St. Continuing somewhat the same real natural Victorian look right to the parking entrance of this mall! Reclaiming what was lost in the seventies to build this mall, as they now do to compensate now a days! Just a thought!

It would be nice to see them redo just those cheap looking facades budding next this building to the north of Yonge St. Continuing somewhat the same real natural Victorian look right to the parking entrance of this mall! Reclaiming what was lost in the seventies to build this mall, as they now do to compensate now a days! Just a thought!
That sounds nice. I'd also like them to reanimate the big blank block while they're at it, with more stores that have doors onto Yonge (and that are actually open as opposed to permanently locked).

That sounds nice. I'd also like them to reanimate the big blank block while they're at it, with more stores that have doors onto Yonge (and that are actually open as opposed to permanently locked).
That would involve stores being arsed to offer enough incentive to keep staff so that they have enough eyes on secondary entrances. I mean, c'mon, they've all spent so much money trimming staffing down to bare minimums for what? To turn around and have to spend a few percentage points of potential profit hiring people back? That's ridiculous.

Yes, I'm being facetious here. It's insane how unwilling stores are to budge on wages while simultaneously complaining nobody wants to work anymore (while we have near-record low unemployment rates)

That would involve stores being arsed to offer enough incentive to keep staff so that they have enough eyes on secondary entrances. I mean, c'mon, they've all spent so much money trimming staffing down to bare minimums for what? To turn around and have to spend a few percentage points of potential profit hiring people back? That's ridiculous.

Yes, I'm being facetious here. It's insane how unwilling stores are to budge on wages while simultaneously complaining nobody wants to work anymore (while we have near-record low unemployment rates)
Even without a bunch of new entrances, real old-fashioned shop windows along the Yonge-St. facade would bring fine-grained detail and interest to the block.

That section of the Eaton Centre definitely need some facade improvement. Here's a photo below from Word Press Command. Showing the look of these building's early 1900 facades on Yonge Street encircled in orange. Which could be resurrected again acording to the hieght of existing Eaton Centre facade. Right beside the new 2 Queen st West encircled in brown.
2024-01-01 15.07.23.jpg

That section of the Eaton Centre definitely need some facade improvement. Here's a photo below from Word Press Command. Showing the look of these building's early 1900 facades on Yonge Street encircled in orange. Which could be resurrected again acording to the hieght of existing Eaton Centre facade. Right beside the new 2 Queen st West encircled in brown.
View attachment 530812
Gosh what a dream that would be 🙇‍♂️

Back