AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto

BSäR Group are planning a future midrise development at 2388 Danforth Ave. It is currently a car wash, a couple blocks west of Main Street:

2388 danofrth.JPG
Sequence_Last04.0028.jpg
2388da.JPG

BSäR Group are planning a future midrise development at 2388 Danforth Ave. It is currently a car wash, a couple blocks west of Main Street:

View attachment 520955View attachment 520956View attachment 520957

Aerial View of site:

1700258843513.png

Site size: ~1400m2 / 15000ft2

Good site for redevelopment, almost directly across from The Danny condos which provides ample precedent; the Sobeys down the street will go sooner than later as well.

I believe the only site in the area off limits is @tstormers KFC As depriving him of dinner is just not on.....

Last edited:
Aerial View of site:

View attachment 521003

Site size: ~1400m2 / 15000ft2

Good site for redevelopment, almost directly across from The Danny condos which provides ample precedent; the Sobeys down the street will go sooner than later as well.
Agreed. I just hope there is good commercial space at street level. So far, the midrises that are built or under construction along the Danforth, primarily between Jones and Main, are underwhelming at street level, with a lot of dead or underutilized space.

This is unacceptable for one of Toronto’s great (greatest?) commercial strips. I think the midrise clusters in Leslieville and Corktown can provide a good model to follow.

Agreed. I just hope there is good commercial space at street level. So far, the midrises that are built or under construction along the Danforth, primarily between Jones and Main, are underwhelming at street level, with a lot of dead or underutilized space.

This is unacceptable for one of Toronto’s great (greatest?) commercial strips. I think the midrise clusters in Leslieville and Corktown can provide a good model to follow.

There is a lot of 'flow' interruption in this section of Danforth which I think hampers those condos leasing efforts. That's not to say that they cannot and should not have been better architecturally at street level; they could have and should have been.

Still, you have the Sobeys Parking Lots (East and West); a former 7-11 that is now a beauty supply place, I think, w/parking in front, you have some lowrise apartments that are nice, but lack retail, a Bell building, and then a gas station all on that one side (south).

Meanwhile, the north side has the Church, the seniors residence the KFC with parking in front, the low-rise medical building with prominent at-grade parking, the large car wash, and then a car dealer just after. Lots of intervention required here.

Back