I won't get too deep in the weeds here, except to say, Ramsden Park is not under the same degree of shadowing threat for a variety of reasons. Therefore an outlier w/limited impact is of less concern.
That's fair that Ramsden isn't under the same level of threat, but Jesse Ketchum for example is - also a protected park. And they allowed a lot of shadowing on there in recent years. All I was saying is that I am seeing the City being a bit more permissive when it comes to shadowing on parks relative to a few years back. They were even pretty relaxed when it came to 45 the Esplanade shadowing on Berczy Park when compared to 75 the Esplanade, and Berczy is generally considered as the "official sacrosanct park" in the City

Attempting to change this policy is against science, pro-climate change and won't be successful. Its therefore a distraction to suggest it; and it will do nothing but delay affordable housing.

"Science" is when planners decide that a shadow moving over a park will make it uncomfortable in September, apparently.

"Science" is when planners decide that a shadow moving over a park will make it uncomfortable in September, apparently.

No.

Science is the minimum hours of daylight a plant requires to survive.

Science is measuring the impact on physical comfort to the average person. (ie, is the condition one in which I will happily sit, reading a book or holding the hand of my mate for 20 minutes?)

Science is measuring whether you picnic on grass, or on mud.

Its measuring whether the trees and shrubs yield 'x' number of berries/fruits for wildlife.

It applies throughout the year, but the focus tends to be on March and September.

Its also not one shadow, it never is, its all the other shadows cumulatively.

Last edited:
This is listed on COMN's website as "The Jasper":

jasp.JPG
jasp2.JPG

Back