The app has gone in here. It's strange that it hasn't yet been posted to the AIC...

My spies tell me this is all your fault PE; LOL

Well, you and everyone else in the industry who apparently piled applications to the ceiling in Planning in advance of May 1st.

The mound will take awhile to clear.

Adding it to the watch list...

I really like the street-level. The colour and form make it fit in well with the neighbours.
the south-facing frontage needs to step back a couple of feet... as the sidewalk is much too narrow along Queen Street. Otherwise, this is a good-looking proposal.

The App for this one is now up in the AIC:

1684514108409.png

From the Docs:

* we already have all the renders

1684514349055.png

1684514389680.png

1684514468079.png

1684514545384.png

The lobbyist registry indicates the above parcel is in play with Pooni listed as the client and Republic under 'other beneficiaries'.

This building is on the north side of Queen, at Noble, just west of Dufferin:

View attachment 466477

Aerial Pic:

View attachment 466478

Site is quite large, ~24000ft2 or thereabouts.

Comments: In general the City has wanted to keep the height against Queen to about 6s, working for more here are commercial neighbours and the railway corridor, working against is immediately abutting park space, but a tower here would add negligible shadow vs 6s, given its position to the west of the park.

Will be interesting to see what they come up with here.
what should be the gateway to Parkdale is a deadzone. that Park has a johnny on the spot on it. Ugh. Hope they build something great there - that site deserves it.

I find it insulting the way this is spun. It's "sweeten it with a few subsidized units - or just a whiff of same - and away we go" - another butt-ugly silo. Perks may bitch about the height, the same way Wong-Tam does about safe spaces - but the result is always the same, and legitimized by their so-called "progressive" selves - another butt-ugly condo. Parkdale is gone. Toronto too. Are you really the last to know?

I find it insulting the way this is spun. It's "sweeten it with a few subsidized units - or just a whiff of same - and away we go" - another butt-ugly silo. Perks may bitch about the height, the same way Wong-Tam does about safe spaces - but the result is always the same, and legitimized by their so-called "progressive" selves - another butt-ugly condo. Parkdale is gone. Toronto too. Are you really the last to know?
1430b.jpg

1437-1455 Queen St W and 1266 Queen St W - Virtual Community Consultation Meetings

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
(UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Agenda

City Staff invite you to join a Community Consultation Meeting for two separate applications to amend the Official Plan and Zoning By-law to allow the redevelopment of the subject sites located at:

1) 1437-1455 Queen Street West:
A 12-storey mixed-use building consisting of 249 residential units and 7,576 sq. m of total gross floor area (GFA). The submitted drawings and materials can be accessed at www.toronto.ca/1437QueenStW; and

2) 1266 Queen Street West:
A 25-storey mixed-use building consisting of 381 residential units and 24,866 sq. m of total gross floor area (GFA). The submitted drawings and materials can be accessed at
www.toronto.ca/1266QueenStW.

Meeting Agenda:
- Introduction & Policy Overview: 6:00pm – 6:15pm
- 1437-1455 Queen Street West: 6:15pm – 7:05pm
- 1266 Queen Street West: 7:05pm – 8:00pm

Each application will have a presentation and an opportunity for participants to ask questions and/or provide comments.

1266 Queen St. W.

Republic also plans a 266,634-square-foot infill mixed-use development at 1266 Queen St. W. to replace a two-storey commercial building with 381 residential units, retail and community space in a BDP Quadrangle-designed podium and mid-20-storey tower configuration.

“It sort of forms the gateway into Parkdale,” Young observed. “It's the first development block as you go from east to west on Queen Street and you cross Dufferin. It's directly connected to the amphitheatre, which is sort of like a mini-park or public space that right now is quite run down and I think needs some revival.”

Young is hopeful 1266 Queen will go before council for approval in April.

Back