I imagine there will be two service patterns:

1. Linear down Hurontario from Brampton Go to Port Credit Go via Mississauga CC transit terminal
  2. MCC loop to PC GO
  3. Perhaps if demand warrants it, a Brampton Go to MCC loop, which could utilize the opposite direction of the loop as 2
I see that the envisaged service pattern excludes #1 above, which is probably a mistake. 3 seems like the one we could dispense with if needed.
One problem I foresee with splitting into two lines arises from how the MCC loops for both lines will respectively travel in only one direction. Assuming the 2014 service pattern, with the northern line running one-way clockwise around MCC, trips coming from Brampton to the Square One GO terminal will have to either
  1. loop all the way around MCC,
  2. get off at Robert Speck and walk to Square One GO, or
  3. get off at Robert Speck and wait (up to 20 minutes??) for a northbound train for a one-stop transfer.
Similarly, trips coming from north of MCC going to Cooksville GO and vice versa will have to transfer at Robert Speck.

I now wonder if Robert Speck is being designed to account for this role as a transfer point.

An 'express' that stops at Square One GO/Rathburn, and bypasses the rest of the MCC loop, has to happen. Doing a merry-go-round around MCC is going to get old very quickly for anyone trying to catch the GO.

Feb 10
133A6601.JPG
133A6603.JPG
133A6603a.JPG
133A6606.JPG
133A6607.JPG

Interesting to see the divergence from what they were planning in the 2019 Metrolinx Wayfinding Standards document. Looks like they're re-designating the blue from the now-shuttered Line 3 Scarborough as opposed to the teal they were originally allocating. I suspect if they're designating it "Line 10 Hazel McCallion" based on HWY 10, Hamilton will probably be Line 8. The big question now is where 7 and 9 will fit in.

DE8CDDA9-2C5D-4172-B10A-CC2DB646B2E7.jpeg

That might explain why the Ontario line wayfinding plans had a different shade of blue - closer to a purple - similar to the Elizabeth line colour..

1707741416038.png
Hamilton will probably be Line 8. The big question now is where 7 and 9 will fit in.
I doubt Hamilton will be 8. I'd guess that if anything, it would be 11 or 20. I'd go with H1, A, or B myself.

CIty of Toronto has been referring frequently to the Eglinton East LRT as Line 7. And occasionally using 8 for a Jane LRT.

Last edited:
Can't recall if interior shots of the MSF have been posted. This article has one.

View attachment 540163
That must be a rendering. With the pans up is saying the OS is in place and only in the building as there isn't any up in the yard or anywhere for the line.

There have been no announcements of any car being delivered to the OMSF that I know. Nor of the car that is down in Kingston being tested as well dealing with Ottawa bogies issues as they are the same for Hurontario and Finch at this time. Finch cars were all delivered before the Ottawa boogie issue arose. Finch boogies will have to be fixed once there is a fix for Ottawa cars.

Last edited:
If Hamilton got numbered, would it make sense to do the same with ION in the Waterloo Region? Hard call.
Not an ML Line, but it could be Line 8/24. Or could be 824

Question for those who have seen the signage in the flesh - is the line colour closer to the former Line 3 colour? Or is it closer to what Metrolinx had originally proposed for the Ontario Line:
1707776171671.png

Back