I'm aware of this, but it doesn't change how myself and many others view the stadium. For the record, I actually think they've made the thing at least tolerable now, which is saying a lot since I used almost cringe watching baseball in that place.
The 100 level changes are quite substantial and it's absolutely going to be a lot better than the previous lower bowl. It looks a lot nicer and more ballpark like already:
i0ohv5b2o7ic1.jpg

Compare that to the same vantage point from just 3 months ago:
oct-nov-construction-01.fd0452d7.jpg

I'd say it's a bit more than just lipstick on a pig.

The 100 level changes are quite substantial and it's absolutely going to be a lot better than the previous lower bowl. It looks a lot nicer and more ballpark like already:
i0ohv5b2o7ic1.jpg

Yean not really that big of a difference in my opinion. In fact there are some parts about the bowl I don't even like. I don't like how high the walls are down near the fowl poles. To be honest. if they didn't actually change the colour all the seats to dark blue, I don't even know how much you would notice it.

Last edited:
Yean not really that big of a difference in my opinion. In fact the some parts about the bowl I don't even like. I don't like how high the walls go down near the fowl pole lines are. To be honest. if they didn't actually change the colour all the seats to dark blue, I don't even know how much you would notice it.
But to be honest you wouldn’t be happy short the roof coming off and grass being installed.

I believe the original intention of the SkyDome -that-was, was to serve as a multifaceted sports/entertainment stadium that didn't just serve just baseball needs alone. But since baseball has become the mainstay here for good reasons, it is natural to redesign said Dome exclusive to those needs. It is here it can be argued they're doing a bang-up job doing just that. <3

Yean not really that big of a difference in my opinion. In fact the some parts about the bowl I don't even like. I don't like how high the walls go down near the fowl pole lines are. To be honest. if they didn't actually change the colour all the seats to dark blue, I don't even know how much you would notice it.
Come on man, you're just trolling at this point. The old seats sloped down and faced away from the diamond the further you moved down the foul lines. It's a huge upgrade.

Come on man, you're just trolling at this point. The old seats sloped down and faced away from the diamond the further you moved down the foul lines. It's a huge upgrade.
Unfortunately the new higher sloped seating means a lot of people wont be able to see the plays being made down in the corner. The view to the infield is much better, but we lose some views of the deep left and right field foul lines.

i0ohv5b2o7ic1.jpg

Amazing what a difference with how closer the seats are too. The subtle change will make a big impact watching the game, but as I'm sure for the fans being there as well.

Was at the Sportsnet Grill a little past noon today and took this photo:

Sportsnet Grill Panorama Feb 14th 2024.jpg

Also talked to the waitress there, she said that the ground crew is going to start putting the turf back in about a week or two. As you can see the exterior of the lower bowl, minus most of the premium seating, is more or less complete at this point!

1707951398227.png

One thing I'm really curious to find out more about is what's going on underneath the RF corner section seen here in this rendering from a while back. There hasn't been any info on that, but I positive that Shapiro talked about having a space for the team to honour its history (aka. A Blue Jays Hall of Fame/Museum). Could that space underneath the RF corner be where a Jays HOF/Museum will be???

I'm curious if they still intend on having fans be able to sit behind the wall in right field?
From what I saw today, not likely. Was probably a conceptual idea that got axed somewhere along the line. Plus knowing Rogers they probably prefer to have their ad on the wall right underneath the Rogers Landing area.

I'm happy with the renos and the fact that we will keep the Skydome for the foreseeable future. The more the dome ages, the more interesting it becomes imo. There aren't any other stadiums from the 80's left in baseball. We actually have a really unique ballpark that is an iconic part of Toronto's identity. Its nice to let something age instead of tearing it down for a change.

Back