Port Credit is the only reasonably urban and cool area in that huge suburban blob.
And the only part of Mississauga with a real nightlife.

So, it sounds like the bureaucrats are trying to make another one.
Having MCC as a real downtown is a decent idea - the density will be there to support it. Just hope that transit for people not going there isn't impacted.

We can keep talking about port credit but the fact is port credit is doing everything it can not to densify while MCC is doing everything it can to densify. People matter. The more people the more restaurants, grocery stores and night life. 15 years ago i lived downtown Toronto and to go grocery shopping I went to the bottom of the Hudson Bay or a shoppers drug mart. There wasn’t many options. In 15!years the place has boomed and there’s at least a couple new grocery stores at old maple leaf gardens, maple leaf square. The more people the more services. That’s just the way things work. Port credit will always be nice but it doesn’t have the same opportunities as MCC even if MCC is playing the game from behind.

Port Credit is the only reasonably urban and cool area in that huge suburban blob.

I almost wonder why Mississauga wasn't named Port Credit instead. PC is big enough and centrally located enough for it. Certainly more so than Markham Village is for Markham.

I think it is bad that Mississauga and Brampton still don't have an agreement on the LRT subsidies.

I almost wonder why Mississauga wasn't named Port Credit instead. PC is big enough and centrally located enough for it. Certainly more so than Markham Village is for Markham.
The reason is because when Toronto Township was turned into the Town of Mississauga in 1968, it was only the unincorporated areas, and the towns of Streetsville and Port Credit were already incorporated towns.

I think it is bad that Mississauga and Brampton still don't have an agreement on the LRT subsidies.

The reason is because when Toronto Township was turned into the Town of Mississauga in 1968, it was only the unincorporated areas, and the towns of Streetsville and Port Credit were already incorporated towns.
Both port credit and streetsville are doing their best all these years later to stay “towns”

One can say Streetsville is close to PC with 5/10 behind them. The city tries to call the core the DT, but it is a core only and the last chance the city can build a true DT.

Come back in 20 years to see if a DT has been built or in the process of doing so. Until then there is a core with a wonderful opportunity to build a DT starting with the DT 2021 plan.

The loop and the location of the transit terminal will be a big issue for the LRT line and people using it, let alone density along it.

If I have learned anything about transit planning, Downtown is where they focus and the rest get the scraps.
If that's the case, then why are most new transit projects being built out in the suburbs? The only new transit project to come to downtown in nearly 30 years is the Ontario line, which was apparently so essential that they didn't even need to use full size subway cars like they will out in deep Scarberia.

This is just Rob Ford esque populism.

If that's the case, then why are most new transit projects being built out in the suburbs? The only new transit project to come to downtown in nearly 30 years is the Ontario line, which was apparently so essential that they didn't even need to use full size subway cars like they will out in deep Scarberia.

This is just Rob Ford esque populism.
The fact that the Sheppard subway has been parts of discussions to convert it to LRT actually proves what I mean.
The fact that there have been short extensions proves it.
The fact that when talking about GO 2WAD, itis not the full length, but close to the downtown core.proves it.
The fac that they dug a trench and put buses in the Mississauga Transitway instead of an LRT or Subway proves it.

I could go on with examples of that, but suffice to say,there are lots of examples of poor transit for suburbs all around the GTA, Ontario and Canada.

The fact that the Sheppard subway has been parts of discussions to convert it to LRT actually proves what I mean.
The fact that there have been short extensions proves it.
The fact that when talking about GO 2WAD, itis not the full length, but close to the downtown core.proves it.
The fac that they dug a trench and put buses in the Mississauga Transitway instead of an LRT or Subway proves it.

I could go on with examples of that, but suffice to say,there are lots of examples of poor transit for suburbs all around the GTA, Ontario and Canada.
Mississauga Transitway is not completed due to lack of funds, but most of all it's a GO thing. This is the only section of a transitway running from Oshawa to Hamilton that is built and it does not meet the requirements for an LRT today, let alone 10-20 years out.

Mississauga Transitway can be upgraded to an LRT along with a BRT system on it once all the missing sections are built for it

Not all lines can support 2WAD service using today's equipment and even then, where they stop doesn't meet standards for several locations for ridership.

If Miller had run for reelection in 2010, the Sheppard LRT would be built to today and may have seen the conversion of the subway to LRT as well.

Short extensions happen for lines are standard for systems around the world with some been under 2500 m to 10km depending on the line and locations.

Let's get back to the Hurontario Line as these items already have threads for them.

Transit is at the whim of the mayor, council or province and this line is no exception to see it happening today. If Brampton council had not opposed the plan on day one, it would have been built as part of this line before the current announcement. The loop was by the mayor and council not thinking outside the box with no thought how riders use transit in the first place other than thinking it will help to build a DT.

Last edited:
Mississauga Transitway is not completed due to lack of funds, but most of all it's a GO thing. This is the only section of a transitway running from Oshawa to Hamilton that does not meet the requirements for an LRT today, let alone 10-20 years out.

Mississauga Transitway can be upgraded to an LRT along with a BRT system on it once all the missing sections are built for it

Not all lines can support 2WAD service using today's equipment and even then, where they stop doesn't meet standards for several locations for ridership.

If Miller had run for reelection in 2010, the Sheppard LRT would be built to today and may have seen the conversion of the subway to LRT as well.

Short extensions happen for lines are standard for systems around the world with some been under 2500 m to 10km depending on the line and locations.

Let's get back to the Hurontario Line as these items already have threads for them.

Transit is at the whim of the mayor, council or province and this line is no exception to see it happening today. If Brampton council had not opposed the plan on day one, it would have been built as part of this line before the current announcement. The loop was by the mayor and council not thinking outside the box with no thought how riders use transit in the first place other than thinking it will help to build a DT.
From the beginning Brampton wanted a tunnel. Everyone whining and complaining about that being to expensive proves that transit is done in such a way that everywhere else is expected to get scraps.

From the beginning Brampton wanted a tunnel. Everyone whining and complaining about that being to expensive proves that transit is done in such a way that everywhere else is expected to get scraps.
A tunnel for an LRT through downtown Brampton is legitimately nuts. I would be okay with it if we were getting more of a Skytrain light metro that could be run more frequently with smaller, automated trains. Spending billions to put worse transit service through sleepy downtown Brampton to save a few detached homes a few feet off their front yards is patently crazy.

A tunnel for an LRT through downtown Brampton is legitimately nuts. I would be okay with it if we were getting more of a Skytrain light metro that could be run more frequently with smaller, automated trains. Spending billions to put worse transit service through sleepy downtown Brampton to save a few detached homes a few feet off their front yards is patently crazy.
Those houses btw are going to be sold off and redeveloped into condos. All they did was make these properties worth more

Back