I kind of wish the concrete wall seen above the (recliners?) was the same colour as the one in the top photo. Obviously they'll be washing that concrete, but it stands out a bit too much.
I’m assuming they’ll be painting the concrete or covering it with corporate logos. I hope they keep the logos on the discrete side kind of like what they did on the outfield walls with most of the logo in white vs. full colour. That’s what they do at Fenway and other classic parks and I always thought it made for a much nicer atmosphere. We’ll see…

While I know this is a primarily Rogers Centre thread, I thought I'd share these images released by the (soon to be) Las Vegas A's for a domed stadium:

GH7ujQVaEAAIRLj

GH7ukBbaoAAf066

GH7ul53agAAWbUq

I don't know what materials they plan to use, but it does make me wonder what could be done with the Rogers Centre should the Blue Jays decide to stay even longer.

While I know this is a primarily Rogers Centre thread, I thought I'd share these images released by the (soon to be) Las Vegas A's for a domed stadium:

GH7ujQVaEAAIRLj

GH7ukBbaoAAf066

GH7ul53agAAWbUq

I don't know what materials they plan to use, but it does make me wonder what could be done with the Rogers Centre should the Blue Jays decide to stay even longer.
...Sydney called and they want their Opera House back.

GH7ujQVaEAAIRLj

To do something akin to this, the Jays/Rogers would have to remove the entirety of the existing hotel. That in of itself is probably a $300MM - $500MM project if you include installation of transparent paneling on the roof, compensating Marriott, demolition, and then reconstructing the outfield area/entrances.

I've seen several games in the Skydome, but haven't watched any (live or televised) since the player strike. So I guess I strongly agree.

I've never understood the player strike argument as a reason to stop watching baseball. It's been 30 years. Furthermore, all ML sports saw an exponential rise in salaries and compensation during the 1990's, although comparatively, even today, it's far, far less than what ownership makes. That wasn't an MLB-specific phenomenon.

I am more than confident it will be covered by sponsorship like TD, presuming they're retaining the field/club level seats.
Ha. Yep, get ready for an enormous TD (lime) green wall stretching dugout to dugout... i get it, gotta pay the bills.

To do something akin to this, the Jays/Rogers would have to remove the entirety of the existing hotel. That in of itself is probably a $300MM - $500MM project if you include installation of transparent paneling on the roof, compensating Marriott, demolition, and then reconstructing the outfield area/entrances.

If in ten years the topic of a building a new stadium comes up again, five hundred million and being able to stay in the same location might be more palatable to Rogers than a billion dollars.

If in ten years the topic of a building a new stadium comes up again, five hundred million and being able to stay in the same location might be more palatable to Rogers than a billion dollars.
Well in 10 years that roof will cost 1 billion and a new outdoor stadium 2.5 billion. They’re never moving.

Back