Can't really say, up to the proponent; but in a slow market, I'm not sure this would be a big seller, at least not at the price point the proponent would like.

In terms of paperwork being sufficiently progressed, sure its plausible there could be sales in early '24; but I think there are nearby projects that would likely have greater potential; and Eglinton Crosstown needs to open before anyone sends anything new to market here at this point, or so I think.
Fair enough! I feel towards the middle of next year there would be a clearer indication of when eglinton lrt will open. There are no other projects in the area that are approved and can go on sale except this one. (aspen ridge is waiting on block 9 and 8 approval at their don mills and eglinton project). Let's see what happens. Excited for the area.

Good luck, folks. Maybe in a hot market this might have done ok, but Fengate are going to want north of $1500 for this and they're just not going to get it. The only thing that's really moving today is UnionCity which is priced in the high $1200 to low $1300s. It's also got lots of parking and is right on the 407 (take that to 404 and you're downtown in half an hour). It's also adjacent the Stouffville line and will have frequent service once we start running trains there again.

I don't see the play here.

Good luck, folks. Maybe in a hot market this might have done ok, but Fengate are going to want north of $1500 for this and they're just not going to get it. The only thing that's really moving today is UnionCity which is priced in the high $1200 to low $1300s. It's also got lots of parking and is right on the 407 (take that to 404 and you're downtown in half an hour). It's also adjacent the Stouffville line and will have frequent service once we start running trains there again.

I don't see the play here.

Not that I lack confidence in my own assumptions, but nice to have quality back-up like the above, from someone more 'in the know' than I.

Important to note that Fengate regularly moves on it's projects to construction before it sells - Its three projects in Hamilton (Cobalt, 75 James, and now 488 Upper Wellington) have all quickly gone to construction regardless of their sales status.

Fengate also does rentals - are we sure these are even condo builds?

Heavy Aga Khani presence in the area... They are affluent group and are known to invest near the Ismaili Centre and Aga Khan Museum. They will buy good chunk of releases.

So the motion was adopted? What does this mean?

Yes, it says 'adopted', so it was adopted.

That is to say, the confidential recommendation was adopted.

We assume, and it is likely, that the recommendation was to accept the settlement offer, but we don't actually know that, yet.

The letter from the resident's assoc. is interesting, it notes they withdrawing from the OLT appeal at this point, which I think is instructive.

January resubmission here, @Northern Light

Largely a 'technical' resubmission.

Seeks to fulfill various conditions imposed at OLT whose final order of approval is withheld pending fulfillment of same.

New studies on hydrology, pedestrian wind conditions and traffic along with staff comments inform some tweaks.

I will leave it to @Paclo to see if there's anything substantial here, but I didn't notice anything huge at a quick glance. No new renders.

Largely a 'technical' resubmission.

Seeks to fulfill various conditions imposed at OLT whose final order of approval is withheld pending fulfillment of same.

New studies on hydrology, pedestrian wind conditions and traffic along with staff comments inform some tweaks.

I will leave it to @Paclo to see if there's anything substantial here, but I didn't notice anything huge at a quick glance. No new renders.

Exactly. Resubmission affirming the settlement proposal (detailed by Northern Light in post #47 of this thread) since the interim order is already in effect. We'll likely see separate SPA submissions for each phase here going forward. No new renderings however, so the renderings we have in the database remain reflective of the previous 52-storey design.

Back