AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto

2485 EGLINTON AVE W

The application proposes a new 45-storey mixed-use building containing 500 residential units, and a residential Gross Floor Area of 31,327 square metres. The building will have a Floor Space Index of approximately 18.3 times the area of the lot, and a two-level underground parking garage.

eg2.JPG

eg.JPG

eg3.JPG

eg4.JPG

Last edited:
Ok, I have to talk to someone at the City........... no way I missed 2 on the same day...........these were clearly added after I looked for @AlbertC 🤣

That said, lets dive into the docs:

1711051105076.png

Streetview:

1711051136757.png

1711051186089.png

1711051213326.png

1711051236923.png

Site Plan:

1711051330212.png

Ground Floor Plan:

1711051297184.png

Elevators: 4 for 500 units or 1 per 125 units

This proposal is pretty game changing for the area as that whole southside stretch of Eglinton is devoid of any urbanity. It may also gradually open up those SFH's along Venn Crescent within near distance to this project to eventual redevelopment opportunity towards greater density.

Agreed, though the redevelopment is already robust in the area, though mostly on the north side: (from the Planning Report)

1711053244697.png

What's wrong with our city?? 🤔

Waterfront tall buildings. 🫣😭
mdUr6vtqTw.JPG

Edward Skira

Eglinton and Keele 😍
55529-169101.jpeg

UT
I mean to be fair, just take a look at the crap that Smartcentres is proposing just north of this one (Phase 1 of their Eglinton West development):

1711061001875.jpeg

I'm not holding my breath on this Cityzen proposal, but i'd love to be proven wrong!

What's wrong with our city?? 🤔

Waterfront tall buildings. 🫣😭
mdUr6vtqTw.JPG

Edward Skira

Eglinton and Keele 😍
55529-169101.jpeg

UT

Daniels Waterfront was mediocre, as is Menkes' project on the LCBO site on Queens Quay. 16 Bonnycastle Street turned out well, though, with its chiselled facade designed by Moshe Safdie. The Tridel projects like Aqualuna are turning out to be spectacular.

Not to make excuses for Daniels and Menkes' mediocrity on the waterfront, but this part of Eglinton needs some pizzazz to be attractive and to have more of a sense of place. Having an interesting design is a great idea here.

With that said, the facade of this project could use some more refinement. The lifeless shade of light grey/off white is dull. Also, do residents really want their views disrupted by the architectural screens across the windows, especially in small units? I'd prefer large windows and curtains, giving me complete control over views vs. privacy.

This project should also have retail along Eglinton to give it more of a vibrant main-street feel, which would be appropriate given the future LRT and GO stations and all the density being added.

Last edited:
I Use to walk by this area all the time. People feed pigeons there constantly... full of bird waste.

As someone who used to live in the area there really isn't good access to parks.
York Beltline Trail is pretty much the only main thing and was busy. Unless you walk through that cemetary which isnt really enjoyable in my opinion.

Hopefully the Venn Crescent / Eglington intersection is designed better. Cars would often ignore people walking and turn right fast.

Back