I have no real issue with a firm that wants to build upon its own works design wise...as it will be equally upon them if they screw up on this as well.

This one is back at Council with a resubmission.

OLT Merit Hearing is scheduled for May 9th, 2024.

Report:

From the above:

1710512365590.png

1710512417155.png

1710512446459.png

1710512469977.png

Multiple Arch Files; but this is the one w/the new renders:

From the above:

1710512567530.png

1710512593938.png

1710512617881.png

@Paclo is flagged.

and so is @ProjectEnd because I enthusiastically await his commentary here.

The insane density in this area continues to be completely baffling to me - regardless of the heritage issues here. Also - 76% of units won’t have parking. Who would want to live in this location without a car? It’s baffling.

It’s also always fun to see the total residential GFA decline significantly but the total unit count increase… yup, no problems there!

The insane density in this area continues to be completely baffling to me - regardless of the heritage issues here. Also - 76% of units won’t have parking. Who would want to live in this location without a car? It’s baffling.

It’s also always fun to see the total residential GFA decline significantly but the total unit count increase… yup, no problems there!
Yeah this area is going to turn into a complete gongshow of a mess the way all of these proposals are coming online, bringing absolutely nothing to the table except for tons of residences. Well there is that one proposal further north on Concorde Pl which is proposing some institutional space, but asides from that there's: no significant retail being planned, no community centre, no recreational space, etc.

But yet somehow people are magically going to walk over to Eglinton and take the Crosstown and go who knows where, to access all the things that their community is going to lack?

This is going to be a failed island of a neighborhood, and i'd never consider living in this incoming mess.

Yeah this area is going to turn into a complete gongshow of a mess the way all of these proposals are coming online, bringing absolutely nothing to the table except for tons of residences. Well there is that one proposal further north on Concorde Pl which is proposing some institutional space, but asides from that there's: no significant retail being planned, no community centre, no recreational space, etc.

But yet somehow people are magically going to walk over to Eglinton and take the Crosstown and go who knows where, to access all the things that their community is going to lack?

This is going to be a failed island of a neighborhood, and i'd never consider living in this incoming mess.

Do you know what this reminds me of? Malvern............

I mean Malvern didn't even have the faintest pretense of higher order transit when it went up; but this is only slightly better.

The Crosstown is not easily accessible at this location, transit on Wynford is nothing to write home about; and walking/cycling conditions are mediocre at best.

The idea of this community arrived solely out of developer chutzpah and fear of the OLT; nothing else. There was and is no rational planning to support it.

I would vote for the provincial party that promised a legislative rollback, the abolition of the OLT and sent all of the developers here the bill for City-incurred costs to date on their applications.

This is not the way to plan a City.

Last edited:
Do you know what this reminds me of? Malvern............

I mean Malvern didn't even have the faintest pretense of higher order transit when it went up; but this is only slightly better.

The Crosstown is not easily accessible at this location, transit on Wynford is nothing to write home about; and walking/cycling conditions are mediocre at best.

The idea of this community arrived solely out of developer chutzpah and fear of the OLT; nothing else. There was is and was no rational planning to support it.

I would vote for the provincial party that promised a legislative rollback, the abolition of the OLT and sent all of the developers here the bill for City-incurred costs to date on their applications.

This is not the way to plan a City.
I'd say i'm very familiar with most areas of this city, but Malvern is one that I cant really comment much one since that's one of the few areas I have yet to be around.

But I'm in complete agreement that there was/is no rational planning to support this kind of ill-conceived density jammed down this area. I know the city was about to begin a Secondary Plan study for the area, but of course the MTSA designation for Wynford Station would throw half (if not all) of that in the garbage anyways.

As for the OLT, in my view it's marginally better than the OMB (but that's not saying much since the OMB was a complete clownshow which for the most part simply rubber stamped developer appeals). Our planning system is still a joke and continues to screw various areas of the city, and the fact that we are still getting ill-conceived disaster planned neighborhoods like this goes to show it.

Back