I doubt LCBO is going anywhere. I’m sure this is a very long term hold scenario.

We won’t (the assembled parcels are still too small when angular planes from OPA 183 are applied), and Yonge is better for it.

We won’t (the assembled parcels are still too small when angular planes from OPA 183 are applied), and Yonge is better for it.

Whether Yonge is better for it is a matter of opinion. Those in opposition will just have to grin and bear it till the rules are changed, I suppose.

Last edited:
Grin and bear what? Multiple policies, as well as the parcel fundamentally not being large enough, are allied against the redevelopment of the block in the manner you suggest.

I don't get what the city would gain by having all the smaller buildings on Yonge replaced with monolithic redevelopments. I'd like to see older buildings fixed-up, and often that means just the facades, or a few metres back as well, which is a little better… but we seem to end up with chains behind the rebuilt facades at the loss of the mom-and-pop places. Not like I never patronize chains, but do we want only chain retail?

555 Yonge, the building to the immediate north of this, is a condo that was converted from a 1986-built 9-storey office building a dozen or so years ago now. There's only been one condo that I know of where enough of the owners sold for the condo corp to be dissolved and the building redeveloped, so while it's not likely that's CentreCourt's plan here, it wouldn't be impossible. It would be easer for them to try to buy more buildings to the south, but if they did, they'd still end up with a lot that's not particularly deep, and little ability to build much density here.

…or maybe this lot somehow gets combined with the Plaza-owned parking lot to the east?

543 YONGE ST

Combined Official Plan & Zoning By-law amendment for a 68-storey mixed-use building comprised of approximately 40,108 square metres of residential gross floor area with 663 dwelling units and 356 square metres of grade-related retail space.

543yonge.JPG

543 YONGE ST

Combined Official Plan & Zoning By-law amendment for a 68-storey mixed-use building comprised of approximately 40,108 square metres of residential gross floor area with 663 dwelling units and 356 square metres of grade-related retail space.

View attachment 550088

I swear I didn't see this file when when I was in the AIC at 5am....... LOL

Ok, lets get a fulsome look at the Docs:

As per usual for a Centrecourt, the architect is Arcadis.

There are no other renders, but I can blow the one above up a bit:

1711050591453.png

1711050647864.png

1711050686229.png

Site Plan:

1711050203601.png

Ground Floor Plan:

1711050237080.png

1711050268490.png

Description:

1711050323600.png

1711050345549.png

Elevators: 5 vs 663 units

@Paclo

Oof! Kinda makes me wish this one will be zoning exercise only... >.<

Couldn't even be bothered to do 6 elevators. Another CentreCourt project that will fly through zoning, be constructed far too quickly, be an absolutely terrible place to live, and will completely fall apart around the folks who are forced to live there because the only thing that mattered was the closing IRR.

Really great system we have here. Just phenomenal stuff, folks.

Back