IMG_9650.jpeg
IMG_9651.jpeg
IMG_9652.jpeg
IMG_9653.jpeg
IMG_9655.jpeg
IMG_9656.jpeg
IMG_9660.jpeg

Last edited:
Just wanted to e CJ I an earlier sentiment. Haven’t been there myself, but from people I’ve spoken to who have- navigating the place is not easy. Stairwells, elevators, parking garages- some combination of those to get to another floor. Anyone else run into this? And is it fixable?

Just wanted to e CJ I an earlier sentiment. Haven’t been there myself, but from people I’ve spoken to who have- navigating the place is not easy. Stairwells, elevators, parking garages- some combination of those to get to another floor. Anyone else run into this? And is it fixable?

Yes, it is fixable. There are at least three more sets of escalators under construction, and are actually clearly visible when looking at the areas which are not yet open. One set is at the east end of the food court, by the health centre (lower ground to ground levels), one set is at the west end of the main section, by the food court and Sweat & Tonic, and one escalator on the north side, in the enclosure between buildings B and C.

At this point I suspect it may be the unfinished state of these escalators may be a major part of what may be holding up the food court from opening.

My I had a very nice experience walking from Wellington Street West into the Grand Atrium of The Well. It was a series of transitions that was unbroken by doors or harsh changes in light and air. The appearance of outdoor seating in front of a few places still had the feeling of being outside and not seated in a mall corridor which always felt wrong or temporary.

And The Dorset opens on Tuesday assuming the world doesn’t end tomorrow! Lol

Last edited:

Back