The contract states that the OMF should be done by the end of 2025. I wonder if it’ll be done by then
Well it appears that the core structure is built and they are now enclosing the building. I did see a number of crew working when I took the pictures. But I guess only time will tell. So far though Marigold has appeared to be keeping on schedule.

The train left without them
So 8 little tiny homeless shelters unavailable for the taxpaying Joe public who wishes to use and Pay for public transit? Non-taxpaying, non-voting dredges of society who make themselves a heavy burden upon us who go to work everyday and most importantly vote and pay taxes? So that these dredges can overdose daily/multiple times/day and get "FREE" medical even thought they pay ZERO into the system? These so-called people? Just clarifying....thanks1

I have seen EPS there a little bit more during the weekends, along with peace officers (with one giving a ticket to people inside the shelter), but they're not a permanent presence. If they were, I'd argue we'd see less of this.

At this rate, I'd be in full support of replacing the Valley Line shelter doors with scanners that only allow you in if you have an Arc card. Doesn't the new NAIT station have that?

The shelters are usually in pretty bad condition now that I barely, if at all, use them when I use the line.

I have seen EPS there a little bit more during the weekends, along with peace officers (with one giving a ticket to people inside the shelter), but they're not a permanent presence. If they were, I'd argue we'd see less of this.

At this rate, I'd be in full support of replacing the Valley Line shelter doors with scanners that only allow you in if you have an Arc card. Doesn't the new NAIT station have that?

The shelters are usually in pretty bad condition now that I barely, if at all, use them when I use the line.
Yeah I just assume I'm never going to be able to use any transit shelter and dress accordingly. With how badly their misuse is enforced, we'd be just as well not having any at all.

Which is ridiculous of course, it shouldn't be like this.

Yeah I just assume I'm never going to be able to use any transit shelter and dress accordingly. With how badly their misuse is enforced, we'd be just as well not having any at all.

Which is ridiculous of course, it shouldn't be like this.
Yeah which is a shame, the trains are nice, the stations are nice, it's just the shelters that aren't in good shape. That might take some work but I'm sure there'll be changes in how the shelter doors are done.

That won’t work. The doors do not open so they just force them open.

Just wondering, how many potential riders and current riders are having second thoughts about using the line due to these ongoing issues, how much has it cost already, and in the future.

Just enforce the existing laws and bam, you're good to go, no more get out of jail free cards issued by the well financed special interest poverty industry groups...

Only useful tool I've found right now is reporting open drug use in the shelters to 311 under transit issues.

The Public Spaces Bylaws proposed making open drug use illegal with fines or if you can't afford fines referring people to resources. It was sent back for amendments, when it comes back and you're concerned about these things I encourage folks here to let their Councillors know your views.

EPS has no authority to go into transit. Council needs to let them do that, right now it's TPOs and social service workers. If there's an issue they call EPS but other than that no EPS. Private security at stations just monitor issues they don't intervene, which is why the Global Edmonton story a few weeks ago mentioned people are using them like safe injection sites.

Last edited:
Only useful tool I've found right now is reporting open drug use in the shelters to 311 under transit issues.

The Public Spaces Bylaws proposed making open drug use illegal with fines or if you can't afford fines referring people to resources. It was sent back for amendments, when it comes back and you're concerned about these things I encourage folks here to let their Councillors know your views.

EPS has no authority to go into transit. Council needs to let them do that, right now it's TPOs and social service workers. If there's an issue they call EPS but other than that no EPS. Private security at stations just monitor issues they don't intervene, which is why the Global Edmonton story a few weeks ago mentioned people are using them like safe injection sites.
I text Transit Watch and they've been very response.

You can also contact your Councillors in support of the budget packages I linked in the LRT safety thread (primarily, the combined TCAT/COTT one).

EPS has three teams of 7 (6 cops and a sergeant) that are dedicated to transit - they're called TRACS I believe. I think the ultimate goal is to have 5-7 teams by the end of the year (50 cops total), depending on the ultimate size of each team.

Back