69943E74-B472-4D38-81E5-FE7F44430485.jpeg

EDEBF845-EDF8-46AC-BCD0-F1508DA57A83.jpeg

8B9DCFD9-9C05-4AF2-895A-B9BD21193AA0.jpeg

From the link above, the key bits:

1718241433402.png

The docs that The Globe have obtained come were circulated at a confidential, in-camera, meeting of both the Waterfront Design Review Panel and the City of Toronto Design Review panels.

The meetings were pre-application. So there are no new docs in the AIC, and outside of the height, everyone is being tight lipped about the details.

To be clear, this would remove the majority of the office space.

* I have edited this post to reflect changes in attribution made by the Globe and Mail; and to clarify wording used in the article.

Last edited:
From the link above, the key bits:

View attachment 571987

The docs that Alex has seen come from a confidential, in-camera, meeting of both the Waterfront Design Review Panel and the City of Toronto Design Review panels.

The meetings were pre-application. So there are no new docs in the AIC, and outside of the height, everyone is being tight lipped about the details.

To be clear, this would remove the majority of the office space.
Apparently, the idea it would be demolished is not an entirely new one. Here's a screenshot from someone's review of the building on Google Maps from 5 years back:
Screenshot_20240612-234313.png

Corrections: that’s not how the sourcing in the story is worded, and it is written by Shane Dingman.

The story has been updated since I first read it.

Your name and Shane's and someone else's appeared in the byline previously.

I will, however, correct my post to reflect that change.

As to the sourcing, I will copy the text:

1718250747070.png

Wow now this somewhat surprising (although not completely shocking) Pinnacle wants to go this route. The occupancy rate here is....well not good and considering that there are more modern builds in and around in the area, it's probably a bit of a money pit for Pinnacle as it currently stands.

Which leads me to the question of: if Pinnacle wants to go this dense on the southern front of this site, whats the city's plan here? The city has had the policy of having heights of buildings fronting Queens Quay taper down, and this plan would go directly against that.

Back