Yeah, I said it a few pages back on here, but props to OEG for continuously activating this space. I know it's easy with playoffs happening right now but it feels like it's not often where there is not something going on—even in the winter! They keep trying new things, making that whole area feel lively. I'd love to see other landowners try and get creative with space they don't plan on developing for a few years. The Lot on 124 is another creative use of an underused parking lot. More stuff like that around DT while waiting on development would be great.

Birds' eye view:

goilers.jpeg

That was a remnant of the Bill Smith regime. At that time they were kicking around plans for a Superstore on what is now Rogers Place.
Either you are too young or too oblivious to the pro Calgary-Klein era that saw one child receiving everything while the rest went hungry; it was better than seeing people jamming needles into their arms like an art display. Bill Smith didn't ask Klein to give Calgary everything while Edmonton took a stab to the heart during our 90s recession.

Back