Thanks for the info. If you can, are you able to elaborate on what other errors there are on the map?

I guess we are a long way from anything that resembles Peter Dougherty's NYC trackbook.
  • Rail crossover omissions and arbitrary inclusions (there will be no crossover near city hall, it will be near St Michaels).
  • Arbitrary track alignment, suggesting tracks will run on both outer sides of the joint corridor with GO tracks between
  • Arbitrary choices to draw stations as island or outside platforms
I’m appalled someone took the time to make this addition to the website so poorly. You need only read the publicly available environmental assessments and track alignment documents to understand where this track will go exactly.

EDIT:
See Rail profile (best viewed on desktop)

• Rail crossover omissions and arbitrary inclusions (there will be no crossover near city hall, it will be near St Michaels).
  • Arbitrary track alignment, suggesting tracks will run on both outer sides of the joint corridor with GO tracks between
I’m appalled someone took the time to make this addition to the website so poorly. You need only read the publicly available environmental assessments and track alignment documents to understand where this track will go exactly.

EDIT:
At one point the two subway tracks weren't on the north side. Perhaps much of this is that it's not been updated to reflect changes.

Thanks for the info. If you can, are you able to elaborate on what other errors there are on the map?

I guess we are a long way from anything that resembles Peter Dougherty's NYC trackbook.
The Crosstown, for instance, has a number of errors on it. There is no spare track east of Don Mills, the double-crossover east of Pharmacy is actually two single crossovers, etc.

The access to Greenwood Yard (the "wye") shows a crossover where the tracks pass under/over each other.

There are some smaller issues with the streetcar system - missing curves or extra curves, that kind of thing.

On the heavy rail system, there are some issues with the trackage layout in places. The top of the Richmond Hill line, for instance, is missing sidings and additional trackage north of Doncaster.

Now, I don't mean for this to be a slagging of the website - to the contrary, it is a terrific resource that I too use from time-to-time. And while I would like to see errors corrected and updates made more frequently, I also realize that it is the work of one (or a very small number of) volunteer(s), and so they need to work on their own schedule - not mine. I can be patient.

EDIT:
In this case, they added the info to the map well before the EA was complete and the alignment finalized. They went by the projections and pronouncements, and haven't updated it as the politicians and organizations walked all those back.

Dan

ontarioline-008.jpg

Machines showing up at Pape & Sammon.

ontarioline-009.jpg

Now that a few of the downtown sites are moving towards beginning excavation of the access shafts, I'm curious to see how this is accomplished.

Maybe it will be similar to how Avenue road was mined out? Though I'm not even sure how they got these walls of concrete poured between the piles (see quoted post below), im only used to seeing lagging walls or caisson walls in excavations. Anybody that would happen to have any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

Now that a few of the downtown sites are moving towards beginning excavation of the access shafts, I'm curious to see how this is accomplished.

Maybe it will be similar to how Avenue road was mined out? Though I'm not even sure how they got these walls of concrete poured between the piles (see quoted post below), im only used to seeing lagging walls or caisson walls in excavations. Anybody that would happen to have any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!
It's gonna be secant piles wall (1+1 configuration) to bedrock and then rock excavation to -40m from street level.
Once both shafts are excavated, a mined tunnel will be digged underneath Yonge & Queen (existing Queen station) to connect them.

1718314963831.png

1718315021633.png

Last edited:
In the Don Valley behind and south of the Science Centre, they have over the past several weeks moved the bike path access from the OSC Gateway parking lot slightly further north and are constructing an access road to west and south of the archery range. Photos from today.

Relocated bike path from OSC parking lot and adjacent access road.
1000018576.jpg

From the new bike path looking along road towards archery range.
1000018577.jpg

Access road next to valley path.
1000018578.jpg

End of access road looking east.
1000018580.jpg

Same point looking west. I assume the bridge will go directly overhead, just to the north of the hydro lines.
1000018581.jpg

Back