I assume what they meant was $8B for 16th Avenue to Shepard with the available funding now only enough to go from Eau Claire to Ogden.

The 2015 report mentioned that they looked at a few other sites in the SE, with a focus on CP lands in Ogden. It was probably rejected at the time because it was much more expensive and had less LRV storage capacity than Shepard.
View attachment 581802

What's the deal with the huge variance in estimated capital cost? And what's the relevance of distance to Douglas Glen? Was that just considered the minimum necessary terminus or something?

What's the deal with the huge variance in estimated capital cost? And what's the relevance of distance to Douglas Glen? Was that just considered the minimum necessary terminus or something?
Just random factoids to make a rumour seem plausible.

Shall see!

One thing to note I don't see anyone talking about. The federal government just announced there will be an extra 3 Billion per year available from 2026-2036 that cities/provinces can apply for. This could easily help with future green line extensions if we start building phase 1 now.
When Trudope made the announcement in Toronto aka “The Only Canada” aka “The Centre of the Universe” it seemed he made a “nudge nudge wink wink” to Mayor Chow for this money to be reserved for her own city’s wishlist so I doubt we will see any of that money since we don’t live in “Trudope’s Canada”.

The premier's comment to rethink the downtown tunnel stations is not helpful. We're building a Green Line for a region that will be approaching 3 million people before long. We need grade separated rail for a city that big. We're quickly falling into a rail deficit meanwhile Edmonton is quickly catching up and going through a building boom.

Back