Looking at the material layout, this one will be different than the usual residential tower. Similar to the Hub, but with better materials and windows that line up.

Would be interesting to live across the street from the McDougal Centre, I could see that being the site of some protests once in a while...

Building looks cool, very happy to see more residential in the core.

Would be nice to have a grocer in the CBD. My preference would be to have one on 7th ave right in front of or near an LRT station, but 4th ave works too.

I really wish we had some Urban Design Guidelines that builders needed to adhere to, especially on larger projects. I mean even just for the podium or first 2-3 storeys.

Something along the lines of the Toronto Tall Building Design Guidelines or there Low-Rise Infill Guidelines.

As it sits this podium is pretty dreadful. The design is monolithic, uses low-quality materials and creates an uninteresting street level experience. Windows/glazing, and entrance canopy is fine just change out the materials to something nice and permanent feeling that isn't all the same aluminum panel.

Make this:
1723749348175.png

Look more like this (without the historic facade preservation:
1723749232794.png

Or at least like this:
1723749306086.png

Ultimately, we need higher quality at-grade treatments to make for nice street walls. Something like this should be the standard:
1723749520029.png

Attachments

• 1723748394515.png
    1723748394515.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 4
I really wish we had some Urban Design Guidelines that builders needed to adhere to, especially on larger projects. I mean even just for the podium or first 2-3 storeys.

Something along the lines of the Toronto Tall Building Design Guidelines or there Low-Rise Infill Guidelines.

As it sits this podium is pretty dreadful. The design is monolithic, uses low-quality materials and creates an uninteresting street level experience. Windows/glazing, and entrance canopy is fine just change out the materials to something nice and permanent feeling that isn't all the same aluminum panel.

Make this:
View attachment 588520
Look more like this (without the historic facade preservation:
View attachment 588518
Or at least like this:
View attachment 588519
Ultimately, we need higher quality at-grade treatments to make for nice street walls. Something like this should be the standard:
View attachment 588523

What’s the philips building commemoration?

Back