What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Look, I think we're all at some level of being peeved about the continued lack of storefront activation along Edmonton's main streets, especially Jasper Ave. I don't think anyone here is "applauding" murals, either. We could all be on here expressing our grief about Edmonton's perceived lack success compared to its counterparts in downtown development. It'd be redundant, however, because we all already know Edmonton is struggling with these things. For me it's more interesting to delve into the reasons why that is, but that's a topic for the Real Estate section.
Its really the downtown core that is struggling with lack of storefronts, not Edmonton as a whole. Most suburban areas seem to be doing well.

However, I also have mixed feelings about say the mural on the old Bay/Eaton space. Yes, it does look nicer than the blank space before but it is like a band aid covering up something.

I am also very frustrated as someone who spends a lot of time downtown but have so few places there to spend my money here now. There are more nice things in West Ed or South Common, but I am not going out there often.

I feel the current City Council pays occasional lip service to improving downtown when pressed but really has not put forth enough effort and am very disappointed with them.

IMG_3945.jpeg

Floorplans

The 2 bedroom units have several spacious options. Will be interesting to see price points.

Woah. These are big. 200-300sqft on larger than most new projects it seems? Or are these including balconies in their sqft? Can’t tell.

900-1200sqft for 2bdrms vs the classic 750-950 in encore/Macleran/citizen it seems?

Floorplans

The 2 bedroom units have several spacious options. Will be interesting to see price points.

Really curious about the price points since I'm heavily considering moving here once leasing starts lol

I went briefly, didn't really speak to anyone but heard they were talking about phase 2 in terms of not knowing if it would be rental or condos. As I've said before I have on good authority phase 2 isn't happening soon, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

They had a few food trucks that were free, games, and basically signing up people interested in renting.

Anyone go last night? If so, any confirmation on future phases?
I stopped by, they said phase 2 is "definitely happening" but that it would probably be 3 years or so before it starts. Rent numbers are still being worked on but they said 1800-3200 was the range for the studio - 3bdrm units. They also said there should be show suites open by November.

The block party was fairly decent actually, if you talked to the sales people they would give you a ticket for a free plate from one of the food trucks. Also since we were there right at the end, the mini donut place gave us a free box and 2 lemonades!

PXL_20240912_002732785 - Copy.jpg

PXL_20240912_005717116 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Back