News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

JD Sports opened a couple of weeks ago. Their grand opening was yesterday.

20240901_134738.jpg

20240901_134819.jpg

20240901_135122.jpg

20240901_135200.jpg

Brown's Shoes is gone

20240901_144546.jpg

Browns has been marked as “Temporarily Closed” on Google Maps for a week now. Is it really gone or are they just renovating or moving?

Attachments

• IMG_5901.jpeg
    IMG_5901.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 11
Browns has been marked as “Temporarily Closed” on Google Maps for a week now. Is it really gone or are they just renovating or moving?
I believe they are done. Not sure really. It's a fairly busy place when I was there. Although I always felt that not having a direct connection to the mall was an inconvenience.

Southgate is a very nice mall, but I have some big issues with some of the layout. I go there occasionally mainly to go to London Drugs, but it is so hard to get in and out quickly of compared to the old stand alone store.
Oh? I find it way better. I just park upstairs and enter directly.

Oh? I find it way better. I just park upstairs and enter directly.
And a person is supposed to figure out which of their numerous parking lots to use to get in and out of here quickly is best? It is so confusing and absolutely no good signage I have seen either around the parking or London Drugs.

It's not perfect, but is any mall clear in how to get in & out quick? They want you to be in there as long as possible. Southgate does have signage for London Drugs, Crate & Barrel & Hudson's Bay parking above the ramps to the rooftop parking on both the North & South sides of the mall.

Took a trip today!

• Browns is renovating and reopening in November, looks like they got part of the former BBW space.
• The old SoftMoc location has already found a new tenant. Plus, the new store looks nice!
• The temp Bath & Body Works. Really hope they put a Spencers Gifts or Hot Topic in this space, this looks like a storefront they could definitely make work!
• Uncle Tetsu's Japanese Cheesecake going in near the Dollaramavator.
• DU/ER going in across from Apple. They specialize in pants and also have stores in Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa. Opening sometime in the fall
IMG_6057.jpeg
IMG_6058.jpeg
IMG_6059.jpeg
IMG_6060.jpeg
IMG_6061.jpeg
IMG_6062.jpeg

Excited to have DU/ER finally open a location in the city, I love their pants.
Serious? A store that specializes in "pants" is a thing? lol. Have their own brand? Or do they just sell various brands? Akin to the "Jerk store?"

Last edited:
Took a trip today!

• Browns is renovating and reopening in November, looks like they got part of the former BBW space.
• The old SoftMoc location has already found a new tenant. Plus, the new store looks nice!
• The temp Bath & Body Works. Really hope they put a Spencers Gifts or Hot Topic in this space, this looks like a storefront they could definitely make work!
• Uncle Tetsu's Japanese Cheesecake going in near the Dollaramavator.
• DU/ER going in across from Apple. They specialize in pants and also have stores in Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa. Opening sometime in the fallView attachment 599229View attachment 599230View attachment 599231View attachment 599233View attachment 599234View attachment 599235
Interesting about DU/ER - I had spoken to the owner in their Vancouver flagship store a couple of years ago and she noted that they were looking for a location in Edmonton. When I asked where, she said their strong preference is a streetfront type of location as that fits their belief of vibrant, walkable streets related to an active lifestyle. Their founder, as per the company website, actually started the business when he traded in his car for a bike and wanted a pair of pants more suitable for the commute. She said they do not prefer malls.

Interesting that they couldn't find a streetfront store space like in Toronto, Calgary, Ottawa. They have, however, opened up another mall location in Mississauga.

I wonder if they could have done well on 104st or a space in Mercury building near 124st.

Back