News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Taken April 1st. Noticed they were removing panels, there's more removed today (April 2nd) but I didn't get to take a picture of it.

20240401_201313.jpg

I know it's been confirmed that Shake Shack is going in at ground level on the corner, but is it actually confirmed that Hard Rock Cafe will replace the Winners?

I know it's been confirmed that Shake Shack is going in at ground level on the corner, but is it actually confirmed that Hard Rock Cafe will replace the Winners?
With Milestones gone, chances are higher that Hard Rock Cafe is going to be across from Jack Astors where Milestones used to be.
I do like the idea of using the former Winners space to restore Club 279 (or a Club Tenor, if desired) but that's just a thought...with no rumour intended.

Last edited:
With Milestones gone, chances are higher that Hard Rock Cafe is going to be across from Jack Astors where Milestones used to be.
I do like the idea of using the former Winners space to restore Club 279 (or a Club Tenor, if desired) but that's just a thought...with no rumour intended.
Yeah, I had originally assumed Hard Rock would take over the former Milestones space, but the comments here seemed to say something else.

I wish the Winners would be divvied up with the outside facing sides made into a coffee shop. After reading a lot of "Vintage Toronto" articles, I came to understand the old bookstores along Yonge used to stay open late (& people missed that) so it'd be kinda neat if the rest of the space could bring back some of that feeling with a combo reading/listening lounge and board game cafe/bar.

Yeah, I had originally assumed Hard Rock would take over the former Milestones space, but the comments here seemed to say something else.

I wish the Winners would be divvied up with the outside facing sides made into a coffee shop. After reading a lot of "Vintage Toronto" articles, I came to understand the old bookstores along Yonge used to stay open late (& people missed that) so it'd be kinda neat if the rest of the space could bring back some of that feeling with a combo reading/listening lounge and board game cafe/bar.
Interesting thought: Snakes & Lattes seems to be the best known name for board game Cafes in Toronto.
They didn't jump all over the idea of opening when Shark bar left.
That doesn't mean someone else can't do it, it just surprises me that the leading or top "name brand" business for such an idea has declined.

Interesting thought: Snakes & Lattes seems to be the best known name for board game Cafes in Toronto.
They didn't jump all over the idea of opening when Shark bar left.
That doesn't mean someone else can't do it, it just surprises me that the leading or top "name brand" business for such an idea has declined.
Yes, like S&L, but perhaps with more books/magazines, a music angle, or other tweaks. A few "listening lounges" have opened up in TO (e.g. 915 Dupont), and old-timey themed bars (i.e. Apothecary), so perhaps some kind of combo incorporating those elements could work. My husband & I used to go to late-night bookstores all the time when we lived in Japan, and, as I mentioned before, apparently that used to be a thing in TO too back in the 70s-80s, unfortunately, none stay open past 9pm here now.

Last edited:

Back