News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Just to the side is local legend Easterbrook's where a 30k Around The Bay Road Race is just being completed;

To nitpick: the Around the Bay 30K is a running race, not a bike race. (Although I often wish I could hop on a bike around the 20K mark!)

These pics are a lot of fun – thanks for posting them! The attention to detail is impressive; hopefully they can hang on until tourism is a thing again.

Okay, I'm going to post fewer pics in each of the remaining two areas that have opened so far, leaving lots on the table as I don't want to blow all the surprises in Little Canada…

First we'll jump all the way east to Quebec City, where it's winter! First day…

IMG_7436.jpg

… and then night:

IMG_7450.jpg

IMG_7454.jpg

IMG_7456.jpg

Meanwhile, just east of Quebec City there's Mont Ste-Anne during night skiing;

IMG_7443.jpg

IMG_7446.jpg

…with a Cabane à sucre to visit;

IMG_7445.jpg

Coming back west to Ottawa again, Major's Hill Park is in bloom during the Tulip Festival;

IMG_7440.jpg

and then we're off to the National Gallery…

IMG_7416.jpg

In behind at the Chateau Laurier there are some very interesting guest rooms where you'll find all manner of people including James Bond and the tragic Jill Masterson, Dave and the monolith, the Rose Family, the Shawshank gang, and many more. See what you can spot;

IMG_7421.jpg
IMG_7438.jpg

IMG_7439.jpg

It's nighttime, so they're getting ready for quite the show at Parliament Hill…

IMG_7417.jpg

…which you'll see in the video. The video skips over things pretty quickly too as I don't want to give everything away of what you'll see when you're there, but there are a couple of spoilers in it. Don't watch if you want to be more surprised when you go.

Finally, there's a lot still to open at Little Canada. They're shooting for opening Little North around this time next year, and there are windows that let you see into it, plus you can also see into the maker studio where more buildings and scenery are being crafted, and the control centre for the moving vehicles, where you can talk with the operators. (Please ask if more trains will be running soon!) You will also find walls with huge graphic displays where more scenes will open up over the years; Little East Coast, Little Montreal, Little Prairies (see below), and Little West Coast.

IMG_7466.jpg

Anyway, it was pretty quiet when we were there, so there was never a moment when we felt crowded or that we couldn't get close to anything. Tickets are timed. Not sure what the max is per hour at the moment, but the place is so spacious that I imagine there will be few if any issues for anyone not ready to be in close contact with others.

I look forward to other members' pics and videos from Little Canada. Do support these guys, tell everyone you know, and have a great time!

Okay, I'm going to post fewer pics in each of the remaining two areas that have opened so far, leaving lots on the table as I don't want to blow all the surprises in Little Canada…

First we'll jump all the way east to Quebec City, where it's winter! First day…

View attachment 340061

… and then night:

View attachment 340068
View attachment 340069
View attachment 340070

Meanwhile, just east of Quebec City there's Mont Ste-Anne during night skiing;

View attachment 340065
View attachment 340067

…with a Cabane à sucre to visit;

View attachment 340066

Coming back west to Ottawa again, Major's Hill Park is in bloom during the Tulip Festival;

View attachment 340064

and then we're off to the National Gallery…

View attachment 340058

In behind at the Chateau Laurier there are some very interesting guest rooms where you'll find all manner of people including James Bond and the tragic Jill Masterson, Dave and the monolith, the Rose Family, the Shawshank gang, and many more. See what you can spot;

View attachment 340060View attachment 340062
View attachment 340063

It's nighttime, so they're getting ready for quite the show at Parliament Hill…

View attachment 340059

…which you'll see in the video. The video skips over things pretty quickly too as I don't want to give everything away of what you'll see when you're there, but there are a couple of spoilers in it. Don't watch if you want to be more surprised when you go.

Finally, there's a lot still to open at Little Canada. They're shooting for opening Little North around this time next year, and there are windows that let you see into it, plus you can also see into the maker studio where more buildings and scenery are being crafted, and the control centre for the moving vehicles, where you can talk with the operators. (Please ask if more trains will be running soon!) You will also find walls with huge graphic displays where more scenes will open up over the years; Little East Coast, Little Montreal, Little Prairies (see below), and Little West Coast.

View attachment 340071

Anyway, it was pretty quiet when we were there, so there was never a moment when we felt crowded or that we couldn't get close to anything. Tickets are timed. Not such what the max is per hour at the moment, but the place is so spacious that I imagine there will be few if any issues for anyone not ready to be in close contact with others.

I look forward to other members' pics and videos from Little Canada. Do support these guys, tell everyone you know, and have a great time!

Excellent pics/video!

10 Dundas East has never looked so good!

So, today was opening day at Little Canada… and it's very good. Here are just a few pics from Niagara Falls by night. Don't worry too much about the exact placement of things, it's all just notional arrangements of the local components. Little Canada is about the flavour of places and not the precise replication of geographies.
But what about those of us who are less about the flavour of places and more about precise geographical replication?!

Kidding aside, Little Canada looks fantastic. I loved these sorts of things as a kid growing up.

Last edited:
No real news here, LOL........

But this property is being re-branded as 'The Tenor"..............

No....it's not an opera reference...........Bentall spent real $ on focus groups for this ingenious play on 10 Dundas East and the building being 10 stories

I thought it was The Terror. My bad. And the headline - iconic? Really? Is that what that word had been debased to?

AoD

The visual horror of this monstrosity is iconic in many ways.
I don't think the building is "iconic", but neither would I call it terrible. Somewhat reminds me of the vertical malls popular in Tokyo. Actually, if the Winners window area held a coffee shop, the intersection would be like a mini Shibuya crossing.

I don't think the building is "iconic", but neither would I call it terrible. Somewhat reminds me of the vertical malls popular in Tokyo. Actually, if the Winners window area held a coffee shop, the intersection would be like a mini Shibuya crossing.
I have no issue calling this terrible. And if we converted this to an age restricted website, I would use adjectives that were less kind. ;)

Back