alexb

Member Bio
Reaction score
There's an interesting development that popped up on City of Vaughan Developer Applications nearby at Eagle's Nest. Great view if you're a golf fan!
1620606847849.png

1620606778611.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow so PlanIt now includes the concept plans for the redevelopment of the entire existing area (Lowes and Walmart). I imagine this full buildout is 15-20 years from now as they are still building new small retail along McNaughton. But awesome to see that the landowners are committing to a full mixed use neighbourhood at Maple GO! I wonder how much longer the Maple GO parking will last.

Maplr.PNG

Often these development master plans are required by the municipality to demonstrate the current application does not conflict with an eventual comprehensive redevelopment, they don’t necessarily indicate that the developer plans to redevelop the properties.

they may indeed intend to do this, but knowing what a typical Walmart lease looks like I doubt Walmart is going anywhere any time soon unless they want to.

If/when this is built, I hope the townhouses become midrises and the midrises become high-rise. Or at least the latter.

Back