innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
New 27 storey building directly beside Hamilton GO station downtown. Coletara currently has one condo downtown under construction and another in sales close to Hess Village, so this seems likely to be built. This really shows how low the Hamilton height limit is - you can see how much taller Landmark Place is than the limit.

Lamb has managed to get his Hamilton project, Television City, approved at the same geodetic elevation as Landmark Place, as has LiUNA with their next downtown project through a minor variance, but nobody has managed to get anything approved taller than Landmark Place yet. Most developers aren't bothering to try as Hamilton, when they implemented the height limit, also implemented as of right zoning permissions up to the limit, so developers don't want to bother trying as it requires a zoning by-law amendment application they don't otherwise require. Most Hamilton projects right now are going in more or less as-of-right with a site plan application only and a minor variance.

The height limit is relatively new but with the huge amount of active development proposals in Hamilton right now it may result in 20+ buildings all getting built at exactly the same height. We'll see how long it is until a developer manages to get something significantly taller approved.

npE40og.jpg

no problem! There are actually a lot more projects in Hamilton that I haven't posted yet or already have threads in the Hamilton section of Skyrise Cities.

When I gently nudged you to do a couple of Hamilton threads......I didn't realize how encouraging my words would be! LOL

At least 29 new or updated threads from you today, on Hamilton!

Good effort! Thanks.

Back