4.7K     0 

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
A reminder of what we can expect.
Churchill_Daytime.jpg

Allard_Daytime.jpg

City_Tower_Winter_Night_Scene.jpg

Aerial_dayScene.jpg

Really excited for this project. I feel like it fills in a "gap" between more finished spaces. Our DT has some great spaces, but the walk between them often exposes how run down our core still is. Walking between ice district and churchill used to be one of those, but this project will now give us continuous, attractive, urban spaces! Big win.

^ Agree @thommyjo . But in addition to the whole streetscape aspect of the project, I hope we can get some really good tenants filling up the commercial spaces along this stretch. The current mix of "tenants", especially form 101-99 Street, will add nothing to the attractiveness and vibrancy of the street. The current mix on the south side going from west to east is: Amore Pasta, former Rose and Crown space (vacant), MNP Tower parkade entrance, alley entrance, City of Edmonton Development Appeal/Assessment review office, Churchill Lobby entrance and City Center Health medical office/pharmacy. On the north side of the street we have: surface parking lot, a shoe clinic, Main Street Apartments Tower Parkade entrance, Main Street Apartments Tower Lobby entrance, Pazzo Pazzo restaurant, Pazzo Lounge, Allen's Convenience Store and an Insurance/Investment Service office. We are going to need a much better selection of tenants to get the vibrancy that is so badly need here. Flowers and planters will only go so far. We need a good selection of bars,/pubs/restaurants/cafes with large outdoor patios spiling out onto the new wide, attractive sidewalks being added with this project. And maybe even a retail shop or two??? It would be nice to see a new pub go into the Rose and Crown space and the CoE vacating their large street level office in the Churchill replaced by a couple good cafes/restaurants. It's a start.
Anyway, just my 2 cents on a Monday morning.

^ Agree @thommyjo . But in addition to the whole streetscape aspect of the project, I hope we can get some really good tenants filling up the commercial spaces along this stretch. The current mix of "tenants", especially form 101-99 Street, will add nothing to the attractiveness and vibrancy of the street. The current mix on the south side going from west to east is: Amore Pasta, former Rose and Crown space (vacant), MNP Tower parkade entrance, alley entrance, City of Edmonton Development Appeal/Assessment review office, Churchill Lobby entrance and City Center Health medical office/pharmacy. On the north side of the street we have: surface parking lot, a shoe clinic, Main Street Apartments Tower Parkade entrance, Main Street Apartments Tower Lobby entrance, Pazzo Pazzo restaurant, Pazzo Lounge, Allen's Convenience Store and an Insurance/Investment Service office. We are going to need a much better selection of tenants to get the vibrancy that is so badly need here. Flowers and planters will only go so far. We need a good selection of bars,/pubs/restaurants/cafes with large outdoor patios spiling out onto the new wide, attractive sidewalks being added with this project. And maybe even a retail shop or two??? It would be nice to see a new pub go into the Rose and Crown space and the CoE vacating their large street level office in the Churchill replaced by a couple good cafes/restaurants. It's a start.
Anyway, just my 2 cents on a Monday morning.
Definitely agree. To move from good to great, we need the vibrancy.

Planters can’t fix everything, but an empty ice district or empty jasper ave east of 100st still beats 103ave west of 104st type street.
97EA2A7C-72A7-4F21-9E33-B0520620C182.png
3753AA97-597E-4CF9-8D8E-907F5E1F4550.png

Not sure - I never understood why the sidewalk in front of The Churchill was so much wider than on the north side in front of the Mainstreet apartments considering the former has no CRUs, just old people.

^^it has CRUs, but they are being used for office/med and not terribly active.

^you could have popped the end out, but then brought it back in.

They spent a lot of money completely redoing a street that nobody uses.

Internal city administration pork barrel priorities....

They spent a lot of money completely redoing a street that nobody uses.

Internal city administration pork barrel priorities....
Idk. This street is important as a key connection from Ice district to Churchill. It was also super run down. Here’s hoping the NW lot gets developed this decade! I think it’s a good win

Back