AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
The signage at 1134 Queen St E now mentions that the vacant lot of this property has been sold.

According to this past listing, the asking price on the market was $3,699,000 and was marked as development potential.

Currently it's uncertain if this will be part of a lot assembly to go along with 1130 Queen St E on the corner at Bertmount, the location of Stratengers. There was a proposal several years ago but nothing has further emerged from it.

1577396324691.png

The signage at 1134 Queen St E now mentions that the vacant lot of this property has been sold.

According to this past listing, the asking price on the market was $3,699,000 and was marked as development potential.

Currently it's uncertain if this will be part of a lot assembly to go along with 1130 Queen St E on the corner at Bertmount, the location of Stratengers. There was a proposal several years ago but nothing has further emerged from it.

View attachment 222562
Wow! That new wooden pole sure is sexy!

I have to say - your schtick is massively entertaining .......... :rolleyes:

Standard estimate would be 6 storeys which lines up with other Leslieville area projects like the Logan, Oben Flats, the Poet, and Hullmark's upcoming building. But since it's Lamb, I wonder if he'll try to push past 10+, at least in the initial proposal.

Very exiting as this is now my ‘hood’ and I’m looking forward to having the empty lots filled. BTW does this include Statengers? I really hope so.

Lamb's been getting quite active again preparing for his next wave of projects in the pipeline. He's got the Bread Company, the larger building proposed just north of East 55, the Queen East fire site near River Street, the land assembly on Bloor West near Sterling Rd, and now this. He still needs to sort out the fiasco at Bauhaus though, and I believe offload the Wellington House property.

The plot of land here is fine for putting up decent boutique mid-rise but I'm curious if Lamb will try to acquire the neighbouring properties to the east. Stratengers had its own separate application a few years ago but that became stale and they're still operating now.

Can't see it going much higher than 6 stories, but seeing as the huge project at Queen and Coxwell is going to be up to 17 stories.... who knows.

As for Stratengers, it's a beloved odd place in my books. Many a beer and 'za on their patio. Ah, memories.

Back