AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
For the building at 124 Church Street, southwest corner of Church & Richmond St E, which currently has McVeigh's Irish Pub at ground level.

It'll be surrounded by the Alias Condo by Madison in the future.

124 CHURCH ST
Ward 13: Toronto Centre

Proposing to maintain existing 4 storey building, renovate interior of top 2 storeys & add 2-storey with a rooftop bar; future floors 3-6 to be converted into a hotel.

mcve.JPG

For the building at 124 Church Street, southwest corner of Church & Richmond St E, which currently has McVeigh's Irish Pub at ground level.

It'll be surrounded by the Alias Condo by Madison in the future.

124 CHURCH ST
Ward 13: Toronto Centre

Proposing to maintain existing 4 storey building, renovate interior of top 2 storeys & add 2-storey with a rooftop bar; future floors 3-6 to be converted into a hotel.

View attachment 442224

I hope this doesn't mean the demise of McVeigh's! It's such a lovely, authentic Irish pub. They have great live music.

Don't forget about Level Up Virtual Reality on the third floor of this building!

My department from my workplace played some VR games there and it was great.

By the description of the proposal, the VR facility would no longer be in that beautiful building.

It's refreshing that they're using brick and essentially matching the existing floors, as opposed to adding a glass barnacle. It was quite common to see this sort of addition in the early 20th century, and even in some more recent examples like the Tannery Lofts. Looks like we're getting a bit of a cornice back too, albeit less ornate than the original.

This went to The Committee of Adjustment on April 19

To convert floors 3-6 for hotel use with a rooftop terrace/bar on the 7th floor

It was approved

Back