39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Dec 2, 2020

20201202_110500.jpg
20201202_110522.jpg
20201202_110544.jpg

You don't like Soviet russia?
Aha, I understand what you're getting at, but our apartments in the USSR was much worse.

If I recall correctly, a standard apartment was 54 sq.m. while 70-80 sq.m. was considered good. And that's for a family of three or four.

We also didn't have the concept of one or two bedroom units--we called them "one room" or "two room" apartments. Because that's literally what they were--one or two rooms apart from the kitchen and washroom.

And that was an improvement over what came before--up to 10 people in a communal apartment, sharing the kitchen and washroom. Oh, and some units lacked showers/baths so those people had to walk several miles to the local public bathhouse...

Last edited:
Aha, I understand what you're getting at, but our apartments in the USSR was much worse.

If I recall correctly, a standard apartment was 54 sq.m. while 70-80 sq.m. was considered good. And that's for a family of three or four.

We also didn't have the concept of one or two bedroom units--we called them "one room" or "two room" apartments. Because that's literally what they were--one or two rooms apart from the kitchen and washroom.

And that was an improvement over what came before--up to 10 people in a communal apartment, sharing the kitchen and washroom. Oh, and some units lacked showers/baths so those people had to walk several miles to the local public bathhouse...
I'm thinking it's the Cinder Block City look here, more than the makeup of what is likely behind those pitiful walls that is attracting the criticism. I know these blocks were meant to look like limestone, but they don't, not on the tower, and not here. They simply look like cinder blocks from mismatched dye lots. It would not be the worst idea in the world to bring in some housepainters from St John's and see what they could do with it all.

I'm thinking it's the Cinder Block City look here, more than the makeup of what is likely behind those pitiful walls that is attracting the criticism. I know these blocks were meant to look like limestone, but they don't, not on the tower, and not here. They simply look like cinder blocks from mismatched dye lots. It would not be the worst idea in the world to bring in some housepainters from St John's and see what they could do with it all.

Yes I was referring to the cinderblocks. Very Chernobyl-esque Imo. Are they selling these or part of tchc housing stock? One of the Menkes townhouses next door was up for sale over $6M a while back. Curious to know what these radioactive shelters are going for?

Yes I was referring to the cinderblocks. Very Chernobyl-esque Imo
I wouldn't be surprised if a future photo from across the street here shows a Lada and black Mercedes with blacked out windows and blue lights flashing having collided just in front of these townhomes, the Lada driver getting out of the car and slinging an axe.

I wouldn't be surprised if a future photo of these townhomes from across the street shows a Lada and black Mercedes with blacked out windows and blue lights flashing having collided just in front of these, the Lada driver getting out of the car and slinging an axe.

I can totally visualize this in my head. Lmao, you forgot the full Adidas track suit though

I wouldn't be surprised if a future photo from across the street here shows a Lada and black Mercedes with blacked out windows and blue lights flashing having collided just in front of these townhomes, the Lada driver getting out of the car and slinging an axe.

The way Russia is run these days it'll be the thug's bodyguard emerging from the blacked out Merc G class and bludgeoning the poor cop to death in his decrepit Lada lol.

Yes I was referring to the cinderblocks. Very Chernobyl-esque Imo. Are they selling these or part of tchc housing stock? One of the Menkes townhouses next door was up for sale over $6M a while back. Curious to know what these radioactive shelters are going for?
Please don't disrespect Soviet cinderblock like that, ok?

Last edited:

Back