The Alberni in Vancouver is more extreme (and has many unworkable floorplans).
It was carved out to preserve views from the pink tower next door.
The Alberni has actual design flair to it, curves that have aesthetic qualities. How is that at all parallel to a design with no concerns other than for maximzing the building envelop on a ridiculously constricted site? Because that's the only thing going on here.

My apologies everyone, i just have to do a brief aside to note how laughable it is to see where our provincial government's priorities currently lie. Our premier thinks that paper bags are 100X more important than mandating developers to get their heads out of their a*** and improve quality of living standard in garbage proposals like 19 Bloor.
Interesting argument.

So you believe government's capacity to address issues is linear with no ability to address multiple items at the same time? Personally, I'm a huge fan of the paper bag thing. I rarely have my reusable bag for the LCBO with me since I often grab LCBO when I'm out but not planning for it. The result is I have to buy a reusable bag that is made with plastics over and over, negating the actual effect/benefit of using reusable bags and being much worse for the environment. Where feasible, I wait to get a bag or just carry what I buy, but that isn't always viable. And I'm just one person. Seems like a reasonable change to me.

Interesting argument.

So you believe government's capacity to address issues is linear with no ability to address multiple items at the same time? Personally, I'm a huge fan of the paper bag thing. I rarely have my reusable bag for the LCBO with me since I often grab LCBO when I'm out but not planning for it. The result is I have to buy a reusable bag that is made with plastics over and over, negating the actual effect/benefit of using reusable bags and being much worse for the environment. Where feasible, I wait to get a bag or just carry what I buy, but that isn't always viable. And I'm just one person. Seems like a reasonable change to me.
I find it comical where their priorities are; Doug goes and expeditiously mandates the LCBO to bring back paper bags but meanwhile he'll drag his feet on various housing issues which have been plaguing the province for years (ie: the never ending backlog in the LTB, OLT backlogs, lack of enforcement with the RHEU, etc, etc).

The government is more than capable of addressing multiple issues at the same time, the problem is that our idiot premier will snap his fingers at something he wants done quickly, while playing games when it comes to issues that really matter. Not to say that other politicians in this province/country are immune to that same stupidity, but this move here is just blatantly laughable especially when he does it for the sake of "affordability".

I would say that the province should look into mandating elevator minimums and actual livable spaces but....

I find it comical where their priorities are; Doug goes and expeditiously mandates the LCBO to bring back paper bags but meanwhile he'll drag his feet on various housing issues which have been plaguing the province for years (ie: the never ending backlog in the LTB, OLT backlogs, lack of enforcement with the RHEU, etc, etc).

The government is more than capable of addressing multiple issues at the same time, the problem is that our idiot premier will snap his fingers at something he wants done quickly, while playing games when it comes to issues that really matter. Not to say that other politicians in this province/country are immune to that same stupidity, but this move here is just blatantly laughable especially when he does it for the sake of "affordability".

I would say that the province should look into mandating elevator minimums and actual livable spaces but....
Agreed. He makes up policy on the fly. Regarding booze bags, my feeling is that DoFo waddled into an LCBO last week sans bags, and was outraged that he had to pay a few pennies for a paper bag. Meanwhile Rome burns.

But back to 19 Bloor W.

Making new buildings livable, instead of just letting them be maximized for profit at the expense of the future residents, would upset developers so it'll never happen in this province 🙃 .

Back