Votes: 11 26.8%
  • So So

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Agree, the MoDA design was much more outside of the box, and buyers are probably there for that type of design, but like you said it comes down to the developer and maybe the economics were the deciding factor. Hard to say without knowing all the details. I can guarantee there are buyers who would liove the design, but was it a case of price? In places like London, NYC, Toronto.... you can find those buyers who will pay extra for cool.

London and New York are billionaire's playground. Anything is possible. See 432 Park, etc. Moda wouldn't be built in Toronto either. Parents of UofT brats have their limits too.

Did Anyone Make It to the "Open House"? It was to B on Wednesday Night - 18:30 to 20:30 Hrs.

Tnx,,
Operater,
I stopped by and checked out the project. There were a few more renders and the open house, and I'll have those up on the site soon.

Image51cc.jpg
Image50cc.jpg
Image49cc.jpg
Image48cc.jpg

Attachments

• Image51cc.jpg
    Image51cc.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 785
  • Image50cc.jpg
    Image50cc.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 479
  • Image49cc.jpg
    Image49cc.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 481
  • Image48cc.jpg
    Image48cc.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 512
Hi Group,

Looking at This Project from What Looks like 15/4 St. S.W. Facing S.E. Shows It Completely Different then What the Original Pictures at the Beginning of This Topic Shows. Looks Like the Bldg at 320 17th Ave, S.W. Stays for Now. That Small Pub in Between the two - Not Sure if It Stays. Find Out Later I Guess. Looks Like Everything on the South Side of 15th Ave, S.W. Comes Out Except for the Apt Bldg., at 15/2nd St. S.W. Southeast Side. I May Have a Chance to Get Out this Wkd so if I do I'll Stop by at the Project if Its Open on Sunday - Hopefully it Will B and Ask Questions - Hope They Won't Mind.

Tnx.,
Operater.

Looks like the East tower is 38 storeys. Not bad.

Nice height, a fairly simple design .. If the materials are good, this could look nice. Not sure if I like the street interaction - the patio space and setbacks presently there are nice as it is. I hope it doesn't end up like that retail development across the street from it where sidewalk space is limited.

Did they indicate any timeline for beginning phase 1?

I've noticed a few of the shops have shut down, not sure when though.

They indicated that phase one would be soon as the market for office space is bad, and it would be a good time to renovate. They had mentioned 2018 as the start.

Looks solid for the most part. Very conservative compared to the MoDA design, but better than Grosvenor's other ones (Drake and Smith) I like the way they have the larger horizontal cross beams every second floor. It should stand out a bit compared to the other Beltline towers.

Looks solid for the most part. Very conservative compared to the MoDA design, but better than Grosvenor's other ones (Drake and Smith) I like the way they have the larger horizontal cross beams every second floor. It should stand out a bit compared to the other Beltline towers.
Agreed. Somewhat reminiscent of 432 Park Ave in NY.

Reactions: AJX
It has a retro loft look to it. I see very little that reminds me of 432 Park. In that case, Drake and Smith are somewhat reminiscent of Central Park buildings.

Thanks for posting this info, I was going to go to the open house and couldn't make it.
All in all it's OK, I'd like the retail a long fourth Street probably the best thing out of the whole project. I'm a big fan of awnings, so that's probably why like that part of it so much.
Truth is, I probably would've really like this design, but having seen the Moda design first kind of makes this one seem bland.

Back