haltcatchfire

Member Bio
Reaction score
Land Use redesignation for the SW corner of 14th Street NW & Kensington Road to increase 16m FAR 2.8 to 26m FAR 5.0.
Here's a link to a design brief pdf for the redesignation: https://1601engage.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Design-Brief-v1-LOC-final.pdf

"The density of the designed building is currently estimated to create 57 residential units in the form of condos and walk-up town-homes above grade, and 1-3 commercial bays at grade."

No design yet, but these show the likely direction the first design will evolve from.
Screenshot 2022-04-12 121338.png

Screenshot 2022-04-12 121401.png

I'd like all four corners nuked and redeveloped.

Last edited:
Interesting, proposing 37 to 47% less parking than what is required, and doubling bike parking to "encourage multi-modal transportation options". Noble, but 14th and Kensington are car sewers, definitely one of the least friendly areas to ride in that neighbourhood.

Interesting, proposing 37 to 47% less parking than what is required, and doubling bike parking to "encourage multi-modal transportation options". Noble, but 14th and Kensington are car sewers, definitely one of the least friendly areas to ride in that neighbourhood.

The access to the river pathways to go downtown is a bit awkward but not too bad. If I lived there I would probably walk to Kensington destinations, the cycling options to 10th & Kensington are not very pleasant.

1649861771563.png

One nice asset for the cyclists is it does have easy access to the Bow river's pathways, but yeah, 14th and Kensington are both crappy for cycling.

The access to the river pathways to go downtown is a bit awkward but not too bad. If I lived there I would probably walk to Kensington destinations, the cycling options to 10th & Kensington are not very pleasant.

View attachment 392546
I usually don't ride on the sidewalks, but If I lived at that location, I might take the sidewalk for those couple of blocks and straight up to the bridge. Even the little jog via the road is short.

If going up north I'd probably take Gladstone over to 10th and up from there, and walking for Kensington destinations.

Where you can have the smell of fried chicken🍗, gravy and corn 🌽fritters wafting through your unit 24 hours, 7 days a week... 😋

Back