39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
This site is one of 8 listed in the initial ModernTO report by the City of Toronto that is looking to consolidate the City's office leases into fewer, more modern buildings, while at the same time maximizing the land use on particular sites that they own, to include "such [uses] as affordable housing, employment uses, and community infrastructure."

18Dyas.jpg

Both buildings seen above are part of the City of Toronto Records Centre, which would be redeveloped in some way, through this initiative. There's a lot of surface parking here, and it's all industrial surroundings, so I wonder if this one will be no housing, but be enlarged so that multiple leases can be consolidated on this site.

This site is one of 8 listed in the initial ModernTO report by the City of Toronto that is looking to consolidate the City's office leases into fewer, more modern buildings, while at the same time maximizing the land use on particular sites that they own, to include "such [uses] as affordable housing, employment uses, and community infrastructure."

View attachment 204688

Both buildings seen above are part of the City of Toronto Records Centre, which would be redeveloped in some way, through this initiative. There's a lot of surface parking here, and it's all industrial surroundings, so I wonder if this one will be no housing, but be enlarged so that multiple leases can be consolidated on this site.

Currently a large number of City Forestry staff are based out of 18 Dyas; Forestry had another nearby office in the heritage Locke House, located at Lesmill and Leslie; but there is no growth room at that location.

The building in the foreground to the right (14 Dyas) is a City of Toronto Records building. I believe both (but could stand to be corrected) that both facilities were inherited from North York Hydro.

Personally, I very much dislike this location, the way its tucked off Upjohn Rd; not at all easy to access by transit, despite major corridors nearby.

That might be fixable if Dyas were pushed east, through a parking lot and opening between 2 buildings to connect it with Don Mills; but that's a rather expensive value-optimization exercise.

Back