it's interesting unless it is a modern, modernist box, forum member jump to criticize buildings that bring back masonry, classic design and a nice sense of scale and materials. I will reserve judgement until the building is built on whether real stone or precast is used. this building is not adorned with too many flourishes, and apart from the last 3 levels (glass), it is quite a handsome structure.

Many criticized 1 st Thomas before it went up, and it has become one of the most popular and loved buildings in the city... our architecture especially when it comes to condos is becoming banal due to fact that all these glass boxes are resembling one another... having variety is great... and i can almost assure that once these two buildings are up and complete... strong opinion on this forum will welcome these additions

No way this compares to the piece of crap that is French Quarter. You may not like the design but the materials used here will far exceed that waste of space.

He's right on target regarding the French Quarter. But I still stand by my point; I can count on less than one hand the amount of historicist condos that have been even somewhat decent, or dare I say good. I don't have much faith in P+S.

it's interesting unless it is a modern, modernist box, forum member jump to criticize buildings that bring back masonry, classic design and a nice sense of scale and materials. I will reserve judgement until the building is built on whether real stone or precast is used. this building is not adorned with too many flourishes, and apart from the last 3 levels (glass), it is quite a handsome structure.

THis is "classic"? What period exactly does this refer to even? 18th-century Paris, when they were building 12-storey towers with covered driveways for cars? More like Las Vegas 1985, and not even in an interesting way. This will be an eyesore worse than the most dated Postmodern tower. I'm honestly surprised; I thought the high-end market was more sophisticated than this.

Picture 1.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,205
Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5R 1J1

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 174075 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: May 24, 2013

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing 2 storey office/commercial building. Property includes 145 and 147 Davenport Road.

Oh my...this is not going to be good when its finished,how tacky it is when designers tries to recycle period designs from Europe.

Too bad Mizrahi is one of those kitschy bad taste developers. I would have liked to see a midrise adaptation of the existing building, highlighting its art moderne lines while also applying a curved profile to match the turn on Davenport.

Last edited:
Demo is underway with only a 1/4 of the building standing

Next door, a few crew members walk off site over safety issues, being treated as slaves, having no respect and being yell at to the point the labour board was sending over a supervisors to look into this matter.

Demo is underway with only a 1/4 of the building standing

Next door, a few crew members walk off site over safety issues, being treated as slaves, having no respect and being yell at to the point the labour board was sending over a supervisors to look into this matter.

Who is the general contractor for this project?

Something tells me there will dozens of buyers walking from their deposits on this one. Just a hunch.

Who is the general contractor for this project?

Something tells me there will dozens of buyers walking from their deposits on this one. Just a hunch.

Why would they walk from their deposit? please explain what logic you used to come up with this.

Back