1 St SW 1.jpg

Attachments

• 1 St SW 1.jpg
    1 St SW 1.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 537
  • 1 St SW 2.jpg
    1 St SW 2.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 270
I have a fear that once the new permanent fences go up around those patios, that the black tarps will accompany them again. I sincerely hope not, Manhattan is such a nice building. It would be nice to be able to appreciate it again.

Also, the First Street SW revitalization turned out awesome. Hopefully it will help to spur the redevelopment of the under utilized lots towards 17th.

I remember the days when it used to be a bar. Used to be called the Ranchman's Uptown. Was actually a pretty good bar.

Oh wow, I never knew that. What a fantastic spot for a large bar too. First street does fairly good for night life, but having Manhattan would really connect the whole street from 15 Avenue down to 10 Avenue as a nightlife hotspot.

Oh wow, I never knew that. What a fantastic spot for a large bar too. First street does fairly good for night life, but having Manhattan would really connect the whole street from 15 Avenue down to 10 Avenue as a nightlife hotspot.
It was quite the busy bar. IIRC it was a bar on the first two levels and then warehouse above that.

Hi Group,
There Used I think a Few Bars Along 10th Ave by 1st St. If I am Right a few have Closed or Changed Owners. An Associate I know used to do D J Work at One of Them on a Part Time Bases (DJ KidV), Non Drinker but it was Fun to Visit at Times. That Bar that was Called the Ranchmans Uptown at One Time used to B known as the "Refinery" When I First Moved Out Here way Back (78) That Bldg Also had Small Offices/Business and Apts a Onetime, Not sure what Happened to it All.

Tnx,
Operater.

Last edited:
I'm not old enough to have visited the Refinery, but remember hearing about it. Supposedly, the members of Loverboy had met at the Refinery one night and that's how the band got started.

Hi All,
Bit off Topic, but there is Still the "Ranchnan's_ on Mcleod Tr, South Below Glenmore Tr, Never Been to It. Often Wondered if the Two Places were related,

Tnx,
Operater,

Well the Ranchman's down near Southland is a cowboy themed dance club. Not exactly the height of class, but not exactly what they're going for. I was never much for country when I was in my clubbing years, but I still had a good time or two. The Amsterdam Rhino was my preferred joint. Anyway, it doesn't really sound like a match for a place called Ranchman's Uptown.

Speaking of 1st, we recently went to a cocktail bar called Shelter in a little hole in the wall beside hotel arts. I still prefer the Derrick, but it was nice to see another place popping up. It used to be a tapas place called Taste a few years ago, which wasn't bad either. Kinda sad to see that one go.

There's an amazing cocktail bar in the bottom of The Colours called Proof. They will do whatever.

Reactions: AJX

Back