News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

A882AE7F-36EE-4584-948C-B7793B41F773.jpeg

What do you want to bet this never opens...

Received an email from One Delisle this morning that said "As a special treat, our neighbours BUCA will open their doors for a sneak peek inside their restaurant."

I walked up there a few days ago and that east side on Yonge looks great. It was a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: AHK
Rack up another one in the FWIW category for Buca here, but their labeled coverings are also shown on their former JJ Bean Cafe space 🤷‍♂️

20220612_120632.jpg

Wow, finally. Pretty simple design, in line with past Bucas (I'm thinking of Bar Buca Portland, Bar Buca Eglinton, and Buca Yorkville -- not the original on King). Warm wooden furniture in a spare, simple box. I like the big plants. The central stair is super heavy and dominant. An echo of the Toronto Reference Library stairs -- even the same colour palette -- but doesn't work as well because of the curve radii and its scale relative to the open space around it.

1670787618157.png

Next door, immediately west on St. Clair beside the RBC, there's another small retail unit with paper still in the windows with "Bar Buca" logos. So maybe this will be a split concept? Or maybe that's just leftover paper on a back-of-house space, or a space they didn't end up taking. Anyone know? I'll try to share a pic.

Last edited:

Back