News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Anyone concerned that Doug will get a sympathy bump in the polls?

No. With Rob Ford having cancer, I have a hard time seeing Doug Ford doing any intense campaigning. John Tory is looking like the most likely winner of the mayor's race. Olivia Chow may get a bump in the polls but I seriously doubt she'll over take the lead.

In the end, I'm thinking Rob Ford will win back his old council seat with 80+ of the vote, Tory will take 40+, Doug Ford and Chow will win in the 20+ of the vote.

In the end, I'm thinking Rob Ford will win back his old council seat with 80+ of the vote,

...if he were facing anyone but Andray Domise, that is.

I'm not saying Andray will *win*; just that he'll keep the RoFo vote under 80%.

Flies to honey...D Dale two hours ago...Berardinetti, Filion, Lee, KW-T, DWM, Crawford, Robinson...at J Tory speech today...concensus building or hoping for long coattails?

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/512708524535603200/photo/1

Daniel DaleVerified account ‏@ddale8

Chow response (my typo corrected) when asked about people talking about Rob Ford politicking for Doug from hospital: pic.twitter.com/VgMD5h2FFQ
Bx2BrttCAAEMbbB.jpg

Chow!

Attachments

• Bx2BrttCAAEMbbB.jpg
    Bx2BrttCAAEMbbB.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 509
Flies to honey...D Dale two hours ago...Berardinetti, Filion, Lee, KW-T, DWM, Crawford, Robinson...at J Tory speech today...concensus building or hoping for long coattails?

Wong-Tam?!? (Unless *being* there isn't the same as outright endorsement)

John Tory supports pride he's said it many times over the radio (on a conservative talk show) and participated in pride this year , marched in the parade, etc. He's always been pro gay and anytime the topic comes up he talks about how funding pride is important for the city. I highly doubt he would go against that.

John Tory supports pride he's said it many times over the radio (on a conservative talk show) and participated in pride this year , marched in the parade, etc. He's always been pro gay and anytime the topic comes up he talks about how funding pride is important for the city. I highly doubt he would go against that.

He said he would - see "The gay Pride festival should be denied city funding if the activist group Queers Against Israeli Apartheid is allowed to participate, mayoral candidate John Tory said at a debate held by a Jewish group on Friday" in www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/toronto2014election/2014/09/19/john_tory_no_city_funding_for_pride_if_israeli_apartheid_group_allowed.html

So do you think John Tory is lying when he said he wouldn't fund Pride?

Doesn't mean he's against pride . Needless to say I don't think these comments will bold well for him.
As a rule of thumb, those protesting against funding for pride on the basis of some protesters being their on a nationalistic basis, have mostly been anti-gay. It's been an excuse to attack gays.

Even if John Tory is pro-gay, to make such a promise suggests that his judgement is extremely poor. In the same way that his backing of various racists in the past, doesn't mean that he is a racist, just that his judgement is poor.

I'm starting to wonder ... Is John Tory of below-average intelligence? I've always assumed that he was smart enough, but with his long history of such dumb statements, combined with his former boss at Rogers questioning his managerial competence, makes me wonder if there might be a little "Chauncey Gardiner" going on here.

As a rule of thumb, those protesting against funding for pride on the basis of some protesters being their on a nationalistic basis, have mostly been anti-gay. It's been an excuse to attack gays.

Even if John Tory is pro-gay, to make such a promise suggests that his judgement is extremely poor. In the same way that his backing of various racists in the past, doesn't mean that he is a racist, just that his judgement is poor.

I'm starting to wonder ... Is John Tory of below-average intelligence? I've always assumed that he was smart enough, but with his long history of such dumb statements, combined with his former boss at Rogers questioning his managerial competence, makes me wonder if there might be a little "Chauncey Gardiner" going on here.

I can't think of anyone who does quite as good a job at shooting himself in the foot.

Back