News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I have forwarded your concerns to Zontar on the planet Glug. We had our invasio....emigration plan all ready, complete with disguises to fit right into the Brampton diaspora. We are already among you.

I think the assumption is people who dislike Trudeau are alt right but I think many would still back the liberals if they had a more moderate leader like Chretien.

I think the assumption is people who dislike Trudeau are alt right but I think many would still back the liberals if they had a more moderate leader like Chretien.
"moderate" by what measure?

Chretien is my kind of man. He's a thug, a bully, a manipulator and his French is as bad as his English, and he had a proclivity to throttle innocent bystanders mistaking them for hecklers. But he was one of Canada's most effective PMs for generations. He had international respect, real respect, not the feigned fancy frivolity of 'Cdns are leaders of the world' Justin.

Even when he talked in circles, you knew exactly what he meant:
A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven. Jean Chretien
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/jean_chretien_145285

Chretien stood up to Blair and Bush, and many other 'leaders' at a time it was unpopular to doing so, and he was 'proven' not only right, but absolutely right.

I'll take that kind of PM any day of the woosy pussy Justins and Andrews.

I have forwarded your concerns to Zontar on the planet Glug. We had our invasio....emigration plan all ready, complete with disguises to fit right into the Brampton diaspora. We are already among you.
I mean people attack Scheer for being secretly pro-life or something so this criticism of Trudeau is equally valid.

This is an interesting point. I'll be surprised if the NDP remains intact as is for the next federal election. That being said, in a minority win by the Libs or Cons, for the same reason I see the Greens and independents potentially being the tail that wags the dog, the same applies to whatever form the remains of the NDP presents itself as. Those seats, if not the integral party, can and would be part of a voting bloc (formal or not) that make or break the winning minority gov't.

We might have a very interesting result coming up, and one that changes the the stranglehold of formal parties on the Hill. The UK's example continues to proceed in that direction.

Are we as predisposed to this? It's just a matter of time...

I'm not denying the Greens might surprise--a lot of the polling (and the recent BC byelection) points to this possibility/likelihood. However, judging from your reluctance to even *acknowledge* the NDP in the previous post, as if you were supremely confident they'll be wiped out on behalf of Greens and "independents"--and on top of, your going on during last year's provincial election about Schreiner inspiring and Horwath falling flat as the same-old same-old, ***even while the Orange wave was underway***--carries a bit of offputting "shill" about it; like you're the Hopkins123 of the Greens...

Don't worry, adma, your beloved NDP will achieve the success they deserve, the level of which in the interest of forum decorum I won't comment on. ;)

As for Scheer being "pro-life": Who cares?
Who's anti-life? And anyway, the man's civilised enough not to push that particular belief on anyone so bringing it up is pointless and just a cheap reactionary reflex.

Like, mention the fact he doesn't give a shit about the planet if you're going after his character.

Ps: Chrétien was indeed a gangster.

Pps: There was an "orange wave" in last year's provincial election? Which province? :p

Don't worry, adma, your beloved NDP will achieve the success they deserve, the level of which in the interest of forum decorum I won't comment on. ;)

Nothing to do with being *personally* beloved; and I'd be the first to say that Jagmeet's not in anything like the same position now that Andrea was in around late April/early May last year. But it's still not to the point of general election wipeout--and frankly, at this point, I'd still deem, on "infrastructural" grounds at least, the NDP to be better poised to gain seats within the 416 than the Greens are. Sure, a "relatively speaking" kind of "better poised"; and as it presently stands, the Cons are better poised still (not necessarily the same seats, of course), but...

Scheer isn't secretly "pro-life", he is "pro-life". He has simply agreed not to open the abortion debate. He is in fact given a "green light" by the Campaign Life Coalition, although they are concerned about his "ability to stand on principle" https://www.voteprolife.ca/find/view/level/mp/id/259/name/andrew-scheer#bio

Justin stance on Abortion is rather purposefully divisive as well. He wants to import the Americanization of that issue to make a wedge issue for his party.

He gave a Mosque a summer grant that believes in a religion that is against Abortion and has questionable fundraising.

However, pretty much bans Christian organizations from getting the grant and seems to relish antagonizing them over that fact.

Like this whole debate around Abortion recently seems like a debate Trudeau wants to have rather then what Canadians are really focused on right now.

I mean people attack Scheer for being secretly pro-life or something so this criticism of Trudeau is equally valid.

Scheer is a devout pro-life Catholic though. He is CPC leader because he sucked up to SoCons to get the Trost voters and still sends them coded messages.

Scheer is a devout pro-life Catholic though. He is CPC leader because he sucked up to SoCons to get the Trost voters and still sends them coded messages.

Is he winking with his dimples?

Left dimple wink: don't worry, we're illegalising abortions as soon as we're in
Right dimple wink: we'll ban condoms
Double dimple wink: I'll make the pope minister of Canadian Heritage

Damn crafty bastard, eh?

Justin stance on Abortion is rather purposefully divisive as well. He wants to import the Americanization of that issue to make a wedge issue for his party.

He gave a Mosque a summer grant that believes in a religion that is against Abortion and has questionable fundraising.

However, pretty much bans Christian organizations from getting the grant and seems to relish antagonizing them over that fact.

It's fashionable with the self-righteous politically correct classes to pick favourites amongst specifically identifiable groups, don't ya know? A tribalised and balkanised society is easier to manipulate.

It's just another part of his identity politics drama production. Nothing new here.

Create bogeymen to scare people and attain/retain power. It's old hat. Trudeau thinks he's good at it, but I think* most Canadians are rational and reasonable people and aren't having it.

*--hope? :/

Nothing to do with being *personally* beloved; and I'd be the first to say that Jagmeet's not in anything like the same position now that Andrea was in around late April/early May last year. But it's still not to the point of general election wipeout--and frankly, at this point, I'd still deem, on "infrastructural" grounds at least, the NDP to be better poised to gain seats within the 416 than the Greens are. Sure, a "relatively speaking" kind of "better poised"; and as it presently stands, the Cons are better poised still (not necessarily the same seats, of course), but...

If by "infrastructural" you mean "dysfunctional electoral system", I think we might be on the same page.

Is he winking with his dimples?

Left dimple wink: don't worry, we're illegalising abortions as soon as we're in
Right dimple wink: we'll ban condoms
Double dimple wink: I'll make the pope minister of Canadian Heritage

Damn crafty bastard, eh?

You know what I mean. Part of winning is keeping a coalition of voters together and SoCons are part of that for the CPC.

If by "infrastructural" you mean "dysfunctional electoral system", I think we might be on the same page.

Which sounds a bit like the same old sour grapes over FPTP vs proportional representation. But with PR presumably not forthcoming for 2019 (though who knows re 2023), you have live with the status quo, whether you're pleased with it or not.

Oh, and re
Pps: There was an "orange wave" in last year's provincial election? Which province?

Uh, Ontario. The NDP nearly doubled their seat total, jumped into official opposition with a third of the vote (and except for the virtual dead heat minority of 1985, the largest OO seat total since 1902), and left the governing Liberals in the dust. True, they didn't win. And yes, those gains might be reversed next time, much as they were federally in 2015. But to deny that was an "orange wave" is like denying the same about Jack-mania in 2011, even if the NDP didn't win *that* time, either. It may not be a lasting moment...but it *was* a moment.

"Waves" aren't just about winning. Heck, I'd categorize the recent PEI election in terms of "Green Wave", even if the Greens didn't win and the seat totals (8 and maybe imminently 9) are minimal because PEI's PEI.

Back