News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Regarding Doug Ford. the ancestral PC/CPC ridings in Ontario like York-Simcoe don't know how to vote any other way, even with him as a factor.

Ford is such a trainwreck I think it will end up helping Trudeau outside Ontario as well

Which provinces do you see that happening?

A few local updates:

Former city councillor Maria Augimeri is running for the NDP in Humber River - Black Creek.
Former armed forces engineer Kimberly Fawcett Smith (and Oprah endorsee) is running for the Conservatives in Scarborough Southwest.

BUMP:

I think this is a valid topic for our election. Do we want a shortage of insulin and epipens because of Trump's plan?

I really do wonder........what the internal party conversation is like on that one.

I mean I can understand the attempt at deflection/blame Trudeau, if you could vaguely pull it off, if you thought it would pay off politically.

But it strikes me the only people buying that have to be deepest shade of Blue base that party can offer.

In handling it that way, I don't see any real gain for them.

I actually think they might open up more opportunity from a thoughtful walk-back. "In light of media reports which have brought to our atttention the long-term budget implications and the consequences for public education, we have decided that this is not a policy proposal we could move forward on."

That might not move a lot of votes, but I think it would make some gains possible. While the ticked-off advocates for such a policy really have nowhere else to go.

Doesn't strike me as a good plan for how to handle this issue.

I really do wonder........what the internal party conversation is like on that one.

I mean I can understand the attempt at deflection/blame Trudeau, if you could vaguely pull it off, if you thought it would pay off politically.

But it strikes me the only people buying that have to be deepest shade of Blue base that party can offer.

In handling it that way, I don't see any real gain for them.

I actually think they might open up more opportunity from a thoughtful walk-back. "In light of media reports which have brought to our atttention the long-term budget implications and the consequences for public education, we have decided that this is not a policy proposal we could move forward on."

That might not move a lot of votes, but I think it would make some gains possible. While the ticked-off advocates for such a policy really have nowhere else to go.

Doesn't strike me as a good plan for how to handle this issue.

If they were confident about the deflection they wouldn’t have done it on a Friday afternoon.

AoD

So the sound byte goes something like: "Thanks to Trudeau, we won't be privatizing children's education."

Yup, that's a winning slogan, Andy, please run on that platform.

Last edited:
BUMP:

This is nuts.

In that riding really could be any of the other parties. Liberals. Bloc, Conservatives. Green outside chance. Crazy!!

If Bernier is trying to make us think he’s really just a joke... it’s working.

So instead of providing a list of candidates with the best chance of winning, the PPC flagged five candidates that they said are better known in their ridings and would thus have an advantage going in to the campaign.

First on the list was Bernier himself, who currently holds the Quebec riding of Beauce.

Two former Conservative MPs were also listed: Steven Fletcher in a Winnipeg-area riding and Corneliu Chisu in Pickering-Uxbridge. Mark King, a city councillor in North Bay, Ont., is running for the PPC in Nipissing-Timiskaming and was also listed by the party.

Finally, former Toronto mayor Rob Ford’s widow Renata Ford – seeking to unseat Science Minister Kirsty Duncan in Etobicoke North – was also singled out.

Back